Super Contributor

Re: What do you love most about your pet?

We have a soon to be 3 year old Minature Schnauzer. We got him when he was 8 weeks old. He has been such a joy since day one and filled a very large hole in our hearts from losing another dog to cancer. Probably the sweetest thing that he does is he will meet me at the door when I come back from running errands. No matter how long I have been gone, he acts like it has been forever since he saw me last. After I get in the door I have to sit down with him and love. He actually knows the word " love". I will say "ok let's love" and he will be up in my lap before I even get sat down. I love the quote "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he love himself".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and

Jack fill my life with their beautiful

unconditional kitty love and lots of

not so beautiful hairballs.

I rescued each one of them.

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

From the privilege of caring for them, as well as sharing their love and their lives, they have made my husband and I better people.

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~ @beastielove ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Awe, AHHHHHHHHHH, I (just now) saw your name and was so happy to SEE YOU NAME IN THE familiar ,,,wherever pets may be.

I have certainly missed you.

"...been very busy -actually haven't been on much- >>>>doing a murals (wall & door) for three projects, here at home".

`beastielove, I have counted the rescues we have had since our son was very young. I believe I can name  them all. Rescues, as yours. Most living to 10 through 18.

First was Roonie Boy, our only doggy, then came Sammie Girl, then Blackie- Orson and Deenie (all brothers & 1 sister.

Well, you know about our Big Boy 'babe', whose name was Cream that had FIV and FIB that was homeless for 5 years when he FOUND US at around 5.5 years;we had him for over FIVE years when he went missing when I left one beautiful December day for one hour.

Next, we took care of KitTEE that was a feral with a broken leg that healed and cause her to be cripple but never really received that trust where we could make her our own as a house baby. ALMOST, though, then she was bitten by some cat ( we think) which cause a horrible infection and I never could tap her.

We found her lying under the bushes where she died through the night.

Next (right after KITTIECREAM) *her name*- by 2 days later) we adopted a 10 year old in-home precious adult that looked like a 1 year old kitten -someone had surrendered her on her birthday in March, so she was ours for 7 months when we learned she had squamous cell carcinoma. That was a physical emotional HIT when she has to be set free from pain. Now, we have Sashay.

Our neighbor's 8 year old (from 8 weeks old) when he adopted a dog (losing his former), then she came here to live. All of the little companions are buried in the pet cemetery, other than Cream -that we never found.

Sashay is the least demanding pet we have ``ever`` had, and is 100% street smart that chooses to live inside 90 percent of he time , then goes out.. around 8pm, back in within 2 hours. She is a doll and brings so much happiness and never wants for anything but...BUT those Temptation's Naturals. Will not eat anything else.

We keep her in only 4 flavors/ online ordering due to not being in stock where ever we try. 

Please get back to me when you have a chance.

Hugs for all of your little (very lucky) rescues that ADORE you for ......CERTAIN!

Never will I forget you, dear heart.

God put you here for just that,

L O V E  Woman HappyHeartCat Happy

Sending much appreciation with respect, ALWAYS 

NAES

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I have 3 Shelties and 4 birds, so here goes:

Halo: I love everything about her, but what I love the most is how she senses when I am upset and need her. She comes running and lays by my side. She is the best dog I have ever had. She takes good care of me.

Abby: I call her my Noodle because she is into everything, she has amazing "nose power". I love her because she is a little weird and somewhat of a wild cat, as I call her although she is a dog. She has been a challenge to train but what I love about her is she runs to greet me, jumps up and kisses me on the face, then runs out the door. At night, when she does not think I know it, she sleeps right by my side upside down. That is cute. I also love that she has a black ear and a gray ear and a brown eye and a blue eye. 

Chance: I love how he looks at me so lovingly and when Halo and Abby are not looking how he comes over, lays by my side and puts his head in my lap. 

Dudley; My blue crown conure, I love how he says "Hello, then a kiss noise, I love you" and how he loves to sit on my shoulder and rub my neck with his head or beak. He also rubs his head on my neck and kind of purrs like a cat.

Squeky: Brown throated conure, I love that he is very comical, acts bad and knows it. Squeky is a punk.

Kiwi: Red bellied parrot, I love that she has this little voice and say, I love you Kiwi, goodnight Kiwi, trick or treat, pretty wings and puts her wings up in the air. I love how I can lay her upside down in my hand 

Booker: African Gray, I love how he loves me to touch his beak and rub his head and how he enjoys sitting on my shoulder. I love all of the talking that he does and the noises he makes, he barks like my dogs, he makes a laser noise, and when I clean or sweep all of a sudden he goes "wheww". so he puts work together with that. I also love when he lets me lay him upside down on my chest and I kiss him on the head. 

Esteemed Contributor

Even though my golden retriever can be crazy and is still young and hyper at times I love her so much. She makes me laugh so hard. She always climbs up in my lap and will sleep there for a long time. I don't leave often but when I do leave she goes crazy when I get back. I am the only one that she goes that nuts over. I don't know what I would do without her. 

Honored Contributor

NAES wrote:

beastielove wrote:

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~ @beastielove ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Awe, AHHHHHHHHHH, I (just now) saw your name and was so happy to SEE YOU NAME IN THE familiar ,,,wherever pets may be.

I have certainly missed you.

"...been very busy -actually haven't been on much- >>>>doing a murals (wall & door) for three projects, here at home".

`beastielove, I have counted the rescues we have had since our son was very young. I believe I can name  them all. Rescues, as yours. Most living to 10 through 18.

First was Roonie Boy, our only doggy, then came Sammie Girl, then Blackie- Orson and Deenie (all brothers & 1 sister.

Well, you know about our Big Boy 'babe', whose name was Cream that had FIV and FIB that was homeless for 5 years when he FOUND US at around 5.5 years;we had him for over FIVE years when he went missing when I left one beautiful December day for one hour.

Next, we took care of KitTEE that was a feral with a broken leg that healed and cause her to be cripple but never really received that trust where we could make her our own as a house baby. ALMOST, though, then she was bitten by some cat ( we think) which cause a horrible infection and I never could tap her.

We found her lying under the bushes where she died through the night.

Next (right after KITTIECREAM) *her name*- by 2 days later) we adopted a 10 year old in-home precious adult that looked like a 1 year old kitten -someone had surrendered her on her birthday in March, so she was ours for 7 months when we learned she had squamous cell carcinoma. That was a physical emotional HIT when she has to be set free from pain. Now, we have Sashay.

Our neighbor's 8 year old (from 8 weeks old) when he adopted a dog (losing his former), then she came here to live. All of the little companions are buried in the pet cemetery, other than Cream -that we never found.

Sashay is the least demanding pet we have ``ever`` had, and is 100% street smart that chooses to live inside 90 percent of he time , then goes out.. around 8pm, back in within 2 hours. She is a doll and brings so much happiness and never wants for anything but...BUT those Temptation's Naturals. Will not eat anything else.

We keep her in only 4 flavors/ online ordering due to not being in stock where ever we try. 

Please get back to me when you have a chance.

Hugs for all of your little (very lucky) rescues that ADORE you for ......CERTAIN!

Never will I forget you, dear heart.

God put you here for just that,

L O V E  Woman HappyHeartCat Happy

Sending much appreciation with respect, ALWAYS 

NAES

Hi NAES!

Thank you for your kind words

and for the hugs that you sent

to my kitties.

They were delivered and I told

them that they were from their

Aunt NAES!

I'm now sending lots of hugs to

your sweet girl,Sashay!

I know that it breaks your

heart that you never found your

beloved Cream (I still remember

when he went missing) but please

find comfort in the fact that he's

now in that most blessed place on

the other side of The Bridge

and is happily running thru the sunlit

meadows with all of his friends.

In regards to your murals, I saw

the photos of them that you

posted on the Sidewalk Cafe thread.

You're a very talented and gifted

artist!

(((((HeartNAESHeart)))))

--------------------------------

Honored Contributor

The love and laughter she gives us and lets us love her back. No questions asked.

Honored Contributor

Isn't a pet the reason there's a poem called: How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

Respected Contributor

What I love most about our pet (rescue kitty Lily) is the smile she put on DH's face. He'd been going through a lot at work and it's almost like she was sent to us just at the right time, when we needed a (furry) angel.  She seems to be grateful to have been given a home and is so affectionate. We've had her less than a month but it seems like she's always been part of our little family. 💜