Respected Contributor

skylark

Thank you for your post. I remember you enjoying some of the stories about their antics. I am still very sad but will heal in time.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Maltese mamma

I remember those days with Cesca and Mr Barkley. This change has cost me 9000 posts and some years. I can imagine these dogs getting together and having a grand time. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Re: Very sad news....

[ Edited ]

Madisson

Thank you for your post. Another poster's father told us that we just have our pets on loan from God until they are needed again by God. I appreciate the prayers more than I can really say.

doxie

I really was not drunk when I typed this and ran some words together. I was crying but I think I just got too spastic with my typingCat LOL

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very sad news....

[ Edited ]

Doxie,I remember that.He said God needed our furbabies for a child that just arrived in heaven and was missing his mom  ,so he would give them a Furbaby to love them .I can see your Schatzie now conforting that child. Heart

( Formally, Corgimom)

Respected Contributor

Everyone

I want to thank all of you for your support. We all sail through this sea of life and experience choppy waters and storms at different times. It does my heart good to see when we can support each other in their time of need. I know that my choppy waters will settle down and am glad I have you here for support.

I am blessed with so very much.  My heart aches and will for a while. Liebchen curled up beside Schatzie and put her paw over her while she slept. Liebchen then got up and pulled a blanket over Schatzie. Schatzie thanked her with some licking. I of course was crying because I knew what was coming. Schatzie's last day was spent being loved and spoiled. She even got to see the ducks one last time.

It always amazes me how a 10 pound dog can be such a HUGE part of your life. I have been down this road before and will travel it again because each of these creatures entering my life has made me a better person. Life is really short so we need to make the most of each day and savor it like fine wine , chocolate or both. I miss my little hearthrob greatly and keep looking for her. I do look forward to the day meeting them all at the bridge.

Now that I have once again sprung a leak in my eyes let me leave for a bit

doxie

Regular Contributor

Oh Sweet Doxie- I have just read about your losing Schatze.  My heart is leaking right along with you.  Your girls and you remain in a very special spot in my heart.  When I had to let Ethan go I didn't think I could survive it.  The hole was so big and the pain was so raw.  I remember when you and the girls walked the Labyrinth for him, and me.  It brought my heart such peace/

I wish I could bring you some of that Peace now.  When Schatzie left she took that part of your loving heart with her so she would have it always.  It brought her Peace and joy as she went to the Bridge and let her feel you close by her. 

Do you remember the poster that shared "The deeper the Love the greater the pain"?  That is why this is breath aching, heart searing, chasm pain.  We love them unconditionally and forever.  Schatze knew every single second and with every breath how much she is loved, always and always until you see her at the Bridge.

I wish I could be there to sit with you on that sharing porch step we used to talk about, sharing tissues, and stories about our beloveds.

May Gold hold you close as you go through these seconds, then minutes, hours into days. May God Wrap your aching heart and surround it with his Precious Love. 

Hugs of understanding and Caring coming your way.

Q and my Zoo.

Respected Contributor

apple

Thank you and Libby for your prayers. I know how you have also traveled this path recently.

doxie

Respected Contributor

zoo

Thank you so much for your heartfelt response. I remember us walking the labrynth for Ethan. I so wanted the outcome to be better. I do remember the post about the deeper the love the greater the pain but I do not remember who the poster was. It means so much to have  the understanding and caring from others. Thank you again.

doxie

Valued Contributor
Ahh zoo, you got the tears rolling down my face... You always know what is in our hearts... A box of tissues offered touched me more than words can say... Doxie, thinking about you and sending love and prayers to you tonight...
Esteemed Contributor

Doxie, checking in to see how you're doing this evening.  I was inspired by what you wrote about how life is short and we need to enjoy it.

I wrote a dedication to you and Schatzie in the Schmoo thread tonight.