Regular Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

I'm so very sorry to hear about Pooh Bear. Rest easy little one. My thoughts and deepest condolences to Kitty Sitter and Eskimo.

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Thanks to so many who posted hearts and send messages for my dear friend the Kitty Sitter on the loss of her beloved Pooh Bear.

We could not find someone to send him on his journey at home, so I suggested she request his usual gabapentin to relieve additional stress and pain for travel, plus cerenia for nausea.  She talked to him the whole way about all their times together, how he made her smile, how he made her life better and all the people who loved him (including you).

They had a plush bed for him and had the lights dimmed, and she was able to whisper how much she loved him as she pet him. He had a very, very peaceful passing.

I haven't talked to her since then, but have communicated by email. This means she is especially devastated. I've sent her your messages, which I know will provide comfort--and I am grateful for so many who know what this is like and have the courage to meet it head on. She's just in shock that she lost her boy so fast.  That, and all but one of her kitties died of cancer.

So thank you for your kind words. I know they'll provide solace to her. I'm crushed that my friend--who would give you the shirt off her back--is so hurt.

Pooh Bear, you've left your mark on so many hearts. it will last forever:

Pooh Bear Sept 2021 SZD.jpg

Super Contributor

My heart is aching for your dear friend. Sending prayers for comfort for all who loved this special kitty 🐾♥️🐾
Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to stop thinking of your dear friend, the Kitty Sitter, since I read this sad news.  And, what a "Cuddle Bug Pooh Bear was.  I'm hoping my two dear kitty sisters, Ginger & Fluffy, were there with the Angels to welcome & greet Pooh Bear with love.  

This brings back so many recent memories for me.  My heart shares Kitty Sister's sadness & pain.  I pray she & Eskimo will relive the many wonderful times they shared with precious Pooh Bear.  Heart

Honored Contributor

To Kitty Sitter 

From Pooh Bear

818d81debc83b559a953f89187d3e778.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:  Greetings this cold evening in Schmooville.

@grandkidsrgreat  I sent along your sentiment to Kitty Sitter. She remembers your nickname from many years ago in the Schmoo era, and appreciates your kindness.

@sceniccoast  This must be hitting so close to home for you. I'm not ashamed to say that DH and I have cried quite a bit over it, and our hearts our heavy. Pooh Bear led a tough life of about 9 years on the streets before the Kitty Sitter rescued him and gave him a home filled with love and excellent care. You did the same for your kitties; they enjoyed a long, loving life with you. Heart

@Tissyanne  She will love your graphic and its words. She struggled with letting Pooh Bear (she didn't want to give up on him) but she came to see that her last, loving gift to him was best. He'd begun to paw at his face (elevated pain--in spite of fentanyl) as she got him in the carrier to go on his next journey. 

DH, Frankie and I gave this to her. I think this is exactly where Pooh Bear is right now. Notice the closeup photo below this one. If that's not love in those kitty eyes, focused on Pooh Bear's angel on earth, I don't know what is:

Jim Shore Pint Sized Angel with Kitten Figurine

Pooh Bear salon SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for posting this for Kitty Sitter & Pooh Bear.  It's so heartfelt & truly touching.  I'm sure Kitty Sitter appreciates this very much.  The three of them will reunite someday ... 

Prayers & (((comfort hugs))) for both Kitty & Eskimo.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for posting this for Kitty Sitter & Pooh Bear.  It's so heartfelt & truly touching.  I'm sure Kitty Sitter appreciates this very much.  The three of them will reunite someday ... 

Prayers & (((comfort hugs))) for both Kitty & Eskimo.  Heart

@sceniccoast , Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters!

The Kitty Sitter thanks you for your continued posts and hearts. She and Eskimo are low, but OK. The other day, Eskimo went under her dining room table where the plush kitty hut is that DH and I bought Pooh Bear as a retreat. Poor Eskimo sat outside the hut waiting for his brother to come out and play. It was brutal.

On our front, DH is frustrated at slow progress from the hematoma spinal cord injury. He is moving in inches, not feet or yards, and it's difficult for him--although he never complains.

Frankie is Frankie: yesterday morning, she went up to one of our ornaments--a ruby colored pudgy cardinal--and slapped it, then clamped her jaws down on it! 

No photo ops, so she told me to show an older one. She contends that her beauty is apparent then and now, just the same:

Frankie Grumpy yet pleased SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  I feel so bad for Kitty Sitter and Eskimo, I hope they can find some comfort in each other, it's a heartbreaking situation.

I sympathize with your poor DH, it's such a long journey of healing, and having it move at a slow pace makes it seem like he'll never get to his destination, but every step, no matter how small, is improvement.  I will keep praying for his full recovery!

And Frankie!  What can one say about such a multifaceted and magnificent creature?  She shows us the Ultimate Predator as Cat, and then she shows us the Pampered Princess of Beauty.  In all ways she is perfection in a lovely package!