Trusted Contributor

Re: So Hard To Know When To Let Go

I am missing my sweet Jake so much. Just comng back into the house and seeing his feeding bowl, bed, and Igloo house on the back porch is killing me. Thank you all for your words of comfort. It's nice to know that there are still kind people in this world.💗💗

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I don't know all the facts behind your dog, but spleens in humans can be removed.  People live fine without one because another organ takes over the work the speen did.  

So, I'm perplexed why your Vet said removing the spleen would allow your dog to live only 6 months.  I'm assuming your vet thinks it's cancer that might have metastasized, but do you know for sure or taking his word for it?  

I'm sorry, but I can't take vets at their word.  I would get a second opinion.  Your dog is only 8 years old.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal That would be so amazing and what I believe in my heart. Our babies waiting for us. 

Respected Contributor

Nothing is a more grievous burden than illness of a beloved fur child.

He knew that he was loved and cherished and your bond will go from this life into the next. May God comfort you and bless you. 

Regular Contributor

Sapphiregal, my heart aches for you.