Trusted Contributor

Re: Please pray for Sammycat's rescue kitty Fay Wray

Thank you @Sammycat1 .

Is Sweet Fay Wray unable to eat? 

My heart goes out to her & all of you for your exceptional care for Fay Wray.

I continue to pray for Fay Wray to stay strong & be comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScenicMaine 

Fay Wray can eat, but only many smaller meals.  She's got little desire to eat because of the renal failure. She has two types of pain medicine that are well spaced apart, etc., but you can imagine a severe tongue ulcer in a cat puts the damper on eating quite a bit.  We encourage her--the key is to feed her something so delectable that she'll go past her discomfort.  Once she does, she is able to eat.  Then she has a drink of ice or cool water (she has both!), which soothes it too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@ScenicMaine 

Fay Wray can eat, but only many smaller meals.  She two types of pain medicine that are well spaced apart, etc., but you can imagine a severe tongue ulcer in a cat puts the damper on eating quite a bit.  We encourage her--the key is to feed her something so delectable that she'll go past her discomfort.  Once she does, she is able to eat.  Then she has a drink of ice or cool water (she has both!), which soothes it too.

Poor baby.  Can you feed her some kind of liquid protein thru a dropper?  So sorry you baby is going thru all this; yet, so happy she's getting better and better.  Hang in there - it's so hard when they're sick as we feel their pain.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme 

Thanks for the dropper suggestion....the short answer is no. She's never been a kitty who tolerates pilling to begin with. Her one pain med is in a syringe and it takes me getting her in a towel burrito as it were and my husband to get it in. I can't get scratched or bit by her because I recently had a knee replacement and already have another one...too high a chance of infection that would "attack" the implants and require a re-do.

We're a complicated family!

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  Good morning team Fay Wray.  I was sending good thoughts to Fay this morning and yet Frankie kept coming to mind.  I have included her in my wish well sessions too as she is probably as concerned as the rest of her family for her long time companion.  Lots of love to Fay Wray and family today. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat we [Lib and I] are praying for your beautiful kitty. Godbless. And you and you sweet hubs take  care of yourselves too. Thanks for updating us. And for the beautiful picture posted of Fay Wray. We will continue this Sunday to tell our paster to mention her name. Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

Dear miss Sammycat, I am gald to read that Fay Wray is improving. I am hoping she is feeling better too. Your friend, LibbyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

Godspeed Fay WRAY.... and her family! Love Libby

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry @Sammycat1 !

I've had a couple of very sick pups and since I could never do the water squirt thing for giving meds I devised a few tricks.  One, and forgive me for not knowing what kitties like to eat, but I've had gret results with wrapping meds in Laughing Cow cheese - just a bit. Perhaps a soft cheese, e.g., cream cheese, may hide the flavor of the liquid meds and at the same time provide the needed fats and protein -just a thought!

Again, very good to hear she continues to get better!

Honored Contributor

Prayers continue for peace and comfort @Sammycat1 . Even through these difficult times,, you are showing these kitties so much love and security. 

The pictures you have shared are a story of much love, and security. It touches my heart to see them