Trusted Contributor

Re: Please pray for Sammycat's rescue kitty Fay Wray

@Sammycat

Your girls are so beautiful, thanks again for posting them.  

Not a day goes by without Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie, being in my prayers.  Your love & compassion for these sweet girls is making their lives filled with love, comfort & peace.  I know they've brought you so much love in return.  They know they have the best parents.

I can't thank you enough for the good you do for these rescued kitties.

I'm sorry for your health challenges & hope you'll soon have a day without discomfort or pain.  I'll say prayers that you awake to a bright sunny day to enjoy with no pain.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening, fans of Fay Wray and Frankie the kitties.

Fay Wray's increased subq fluids seem to be helping plus we've figured out the right height of water bowls and the magic ingredient (ice) to help her poor tongue ulcer...so she is drinking more.  It makes her more comfortable, and that's all we're shooting for.

Glad also for your continue prayers and your enjoyment of their photos.  They survived a horrific early part of their life together, so they are two peas in a pod.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1- Thank you for the update on Fay Wray.  I've been thinking about her all day and just came on here to find your post.

Continued prayers and thoughts sent your way.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1

Holding your Darling girl, you, and all your family in my heart.

I have walked the quality of life road many, many times, as we who love those whose lives are so fragile often do.  I believe that Fay Wray will let you know if she is too tired to fight, and until that time, there is no place she would rather be than with you, in your arms, surrounded by all she loves.

Blessings to you all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1

I am not a zen master. I think of myself more as a work in progress. You may very well be closer to the zen master state than I am!. I hope my post did not sound insincere. I  Fergus and all that you went through with him prior to Mr Schmoo. I think you do a great job. There are times that it does rip at your heart  and you reach out to people that understand your journey. I will be glad to offer support anytime you need it. There have been many times when you as well as other posters have been there for me when I needed a booster shot! If you can gently put your face near Faye Wrays fur to gently feel her fur along your cheek. Close your eyes and cement it to memory. There will be times that memory will come back to you.

I am glad your girls have trained you so well!

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

@doxie1

Thank you again for  your very thoughtful and kind post.  Believe me, I drink deeply of Fay Wray's fur every day, multiple times a day--until she gets annoyed with me.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@doxie1

Thank you again for  your very thoughtful and kind post.  Believe me, I drink deeply of Fay Wray's fur every day, multiple times a day--until she gets annoyed with me.  Smiley Happy

@Sammycat1  @doxie1

Yes, taking a memory picture to store in the heart.  There are so many, the sound of a purr, that little snubbing sound while sleeping, the paw that always reaches out for you when you enter the room, the way of snugging into the exact sleeping position, the look that only the two of you share, they are balm to the heart, and stay there forever.  

Best to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

62A04ECE-2552-4903-8DD9-6B74C8DE4562.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Many prayers and the very best of good wishes! 

Esteemed Contributor

Fay Wray is still with us, with some good and not so good times.  We're doing our best to keep her comfy, but the tongue ulcer is worse, which means the kidneys are worse. She's a fighter kitty, though, and we'll fight for her!