Trusted Contributor

My sweetie girl, Jez, died today

She was the best, most intelligent, bossy little dog. Cancer got her at 14. She was with me for eight years.  I went to an animal shelter for a cat and left with her.

The vet said we'd probably have 6-8 months. We got two. She suddenly stopped eating two days ago; she stopped walking entirely yesterday and died a few hours ago. The mobile vet was supposed to come tomorrow, but she had to go.

She was my heart! She's the reason I survived my stroke back in 2017. I had to be around to take care of her.

I don't know what I am going to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My sweetie girl, Jez, died today

@Squirrels Are Trash I am so sorry. The pain of losing a fur baby cuts deeply. Take care. We are thinking of you.

Regular Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  Animals leave paw prints on our hearts.  Please feel angel wings wrapping around you to give you the strength to move on and be thankful for all the moments of pleasure you found in her.  Maybe when the time is right you will allow another pet to enter your life and enjoy all the love you have to give.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry about Jez's passing @Squirrels Are Trash .  I have experienced similar loss and understand your pain.  Your pain is real and you have experienced a devastating loss and trauma.  Let yourself grieve.  May you find comfort as time goes on and you can think of the good memories.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@Jk9 @Bonkers1 @On It 

Thank you for your kind words. I am crying so hard I can barely see. 

💔 

Honored Contributor

As I am writing this I have tears in my eyes. We have had many pets over the years. I wish I could find some words to comfort you. God will bless you for your kindness.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry and sad for you @Squirrels Are Trash.

She sounds like she was such a sweetheart.

Never enough time. I wish they could be with us always! I know you will feel her love in your heart always!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrels Are Trash 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pup. We never have enough time with them, never. You gave her the greatest of gifts:  of a second chance, of a wonderful home, of love that knows so bounds.

She's alive forever where she's always been:  right in your heart.

Please accept our profound sympathies and try to take the best care of yourself that you can Jez would want it that way.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrels Are Trash 

I'm so very sorry, my heart aches for you.

You gave Jez the best life and I truly believe that  Jez never forgot the love and home you gave to her. 
Jez loved you with all heart.

You must take care of yourself.

Bless you for deciding your precious Jez needed to come home with you all those years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash.  Seems almost daily that someone here is mourning the loss of a dear pet.  It's just not fair that their lives should be so brief.

If and when you are ready, there's probably an older pet at a shelter that needs you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment