Honored Contributor

Great story. Sounds like maybe they should chip their pets. Our neighbors had their 3 large dogs running loose New Year's weekend. We could not go out the front door. One of their dogs is what I call a killer dog. It killed a small dog a few summers ago when it got in their backyard. No way would I trust it to not eat you alive.

Honored Contributor

What a story - so glad you shared. And so happy it ended so well.

On Wednesday morning at 6:30 AM I was throwing trash into the recycling trash can. Our collie slipped out the door with me. It was dark and he had already been walked twice - so he stood in the driveway and watched 2 girls walking up to their school bus stop. Then I saw the girls bend down and pet a medium sized dog. I went to grab my dog but he saw the dog when I did. So his tail was going by me as I wanted to grab his collar. Off my dog went running after the medium sized dog running down the street.

Then I saw the lights of a vehicle coming up the street. My heart sunk. We had just had 28+ inches of snow. And our street was plowed but narrow. The dogs were running down the middle of the street. 

Thankfully, the vehicle coming up our street was the owner of the King Cavalier Spaniel (medium sized dog). So they stopped and got their dog. And my collie turned around and came home. 

Of course, I learned. We have had him for 3 years and he never left our driveway but there was never another dog wandering around. Cats but no dogs. 

I love a happy ending. Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

You & your husband are doggy guardian angels! 🐾  Thanks for sharing such a heart warming story. 

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Its nice they were so appreciative.   So often nowadays,  people aren't. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Bless you!  But for you this story might have had a heartbreaking end.

Honored Contributor

Great stories here.  So glad everyone was reunited.  How nice of the goldens' owners to send the flowers.  

Trusted Contributor

You and your husband have a heart of gold Smiley Happy So glad the dogs made it home safe and sound.