Valued Contributor

Have your dog send a card to Emma

[ Edited ]

I saw this on msn yesterday.  Emma is a young girl dying of a rare cancer. Her request was to receive cards from dogs because they comfort her.  My Murphy already sent his card.

****edited to remove a person's personal information.

This address was publicly released.  TIA.

God bless this little girl.

Edited to correct the zip

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have your dog send a card to Emma

Poor child. I will have my Gracie 🐾 send one. Thank you Kim for the information. ❤️

Honored Contributor

I don't mean to be a skeptic, but sometimes things like this aren't true.  If you do send a card please don't put your return address on the card.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Happy mailed her card yesterday.  For those who do not know, this is part of the Angel Card Network, which you can find on Facebook.  I started with them many years ago by sending Christmas cards, but Mark is involved all year and always lets us know who is in need of cheering.  This is a worthy organization for those who are looking for a way to give back but may not be able to volunteer outside of the home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl  Thanks so much for the information.  I'm not on social media so I was not aware of this group. I will check them out because I find this so worthy.

Valued Contributor

I hope those of you who wish to send a card can find Emma's address since it has been removed from my post.  I got this address from an article online, so I thought since it was widely and publicly released I could post it here.

I won't delete the thread since perhaps some of you will want to follow up, but basically it's rendered useless now.  Thanks to all who pursue this.

Honored Contributor

This is being reported on various news channels and programs about this little girl in Wisconsin with an inoperable brain tumor.

http://wgna DOT com/7-year-old-fighting-brain-tumor-wants-letters-from-dogs/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

That is so sad. Sweet girlHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach   Thanks so much for providing the link.

Esteemed Contributor

My fab four pawsomes will join all of you. I will also have Libby send a prayer card from her to this little girl. To sweet Emma Godspeed.