Honored Contributor

Hands On Pet Shedding Bathing & Grooming Gloves

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried the Hands On Pet Shedding Bathing & Grooming Gloves M54742?  I happened to see the presentation earlier today and ordered them.  Frankie, my dog, has short hair, and brushing doesn't seem to get her hair.  I've tried several different things (brushes, comb and rubber grooming tool), and nothing gets her hair off except rubbing her with my hands.  The reviews on this in general are pretty good.  I just wondered if anyone on here had tried these.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Hands On Pet Shedding Bathing & Grooming Gloves

I have always had cats.  However, I have used various gloves, brushes, etc.

I like using the gloves because my cats have always liked the close contact of being 'massaged'.

I know many cats don't like it, but mine always have.....EXCEPT Katie the cat.  She hates everything and everyone...so she's out of the picture...Ha!

Her favorite thing is (she's long-haired) to swallow the hair and then barf up the furballs...all over my wall to wall carpeting...

Another time.  I would vote for the gloves. I don't have those specific gloves.  However, I do have several designs like those.  They all work pretty good.

Depending on the thickness of the animal's coat, the gloves work well with my cats.

Frequent Contributor

@NickNack yes I just purchased these because we have a lab who sheds alot. They work! I also had the furminator a d it does really good, but seem like after a while it wears down. I think you will be happy with these since are lab has that short corse hair. I purchased the large and they fit my husband good. I can use them as well even though my hands are small. Hope you try it 😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Annabellethecat66  and @Miss Elleigh .  elleighclaire, I'm glad to know that this works for you.  I'm supposed to have this by the 27th, but it probably won't arrive until a few days after that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have a grooming glove and use it on my two dogs, both of which have a downy undercoat.  One dog doesn't want anything to do with it.  The other seems to like it but it only grooms the surface if his coat.  The nubs aren't long enough to penetrate to his undercoat.  It would be great on a short-haired dog like Frankie @NickNack .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624 .  I really do hope it will work for her.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like a good comb for dogs, a rake ,and a slicker,i have quite a few from over the many years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a version of these and they work. I think they are okay for quick grooming or if your dog needs groomed daily. If you have a dog that needs deep down grooming then you need a grooming brush specifically for his breed or hair type. I have a basket full of grooming tools because we have had all types of German Shepherds and Huskies. Each had a different type of fur. I could not believe how having the proper tool for their fur made such a difference. They all liked the grooming gloves because it just felt like they were being petted. It was amazing to see the fur that the glove had on it. 

Respected Contributor

I have a pair grooming mitts..soft rubber knobby palms. I would say they work pretty good, but Grabriel, my lab, has a very dense coat, short hair, but pretty thick...so I also think his wire and bristle brush is needed as well.
Honored Contributor

Have the gloves arrived yet, @NickNack ?  I hope they work as promised.

Even if they don't, I expect Frankie will enjoy the stroking.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.