Valued Contributor

Has anyone on here worked for Rover pet sitters or Dogvaca?

I am retired & would like to do something part time & thought about doing something working with dogs. I really have no idea how to start & have noticed the Rover pet sitting co. with local people doing this. Just wondered if anyone knew if they were on the up & up & how they would be to work with. I know people book thru their site & pay them & then they pay you. I was hoping with all the dog people out there that someone might either work for them or know someone who does. I love dogs so much & I really need to get a part time job. I just thought it would be a win win situation if I could get into it! Any ideas or sugestions would be greatly apperciated!  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone on here worked for Rover pet sitters or Dogvaca?

I have no experience with this particular company, I do know someone who uses a simular company.  They love having someone come in and check on the dog during the day and to let them out.  I am sure each company has their own set of rules but they are usually a small staff so dependability is key.  We recently had some bad weather here.  It was a major issue to get someone out to each of their clients.  It is a commitment they make, so those who work for them must also take it seriously.  If you are looking for a flexible schedule, it may not be something for you.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

I found the pet sitter that I use on Rover.

She's wonderful, and I don't hear that she has any complaints about Rover, other than she gets more business than she can handle. Smiley Happy

If you are considering being a pet sitter, a couple of things you need to consider is that you'll need to be available to people when they need you..weekends, holidays, etc.

So if you're willing to give up some of your traditional free time, I think it's a great endeavor.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I just used Doggie Vacay a few weeks ago during a quick trip I had to take out of town.  There were several potential Doggie Vacay vendors to pick from, and I found one close to my home and requested a reservation.  They responded quickly and we dropped off the puppy with instructions and food, etc.  It was wonderful experience ...  they would occasionally text me and let me know how she was doing, what she was doing, etc. and it worked out fine for me.  I would use my person at Doggie Vacay again in a heartbeat ...  AND I have thought about doing a little Doggie Vacay business at my home too since I am also retired.  The cost was cheaper than a kennel or having someone come to my home.  I LOVE the personal touch my vendor provided.  I always HATE leaving my puppies and she made it remarkably less painful.