Honored Contributor
11/12/2015 12:42 PM EST

Halo, Purely for Pets has initiated a limited, voluntary recall of its Spot’s Stew Sensitive Cat Turkey kibble with a Best By date of 09/04/2016 due to reports of mold. No other Halo products are affected. Consumers who have Spot’s Stew Sensitive Cat Turkey stamped “Best By 09/04/2016” should discontinue feeding, and return the remaining portion to any Halo retailer for a full refund or replacement.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up.  My guy doesn't eat that kind, but I sure would hate to feed him moldy food!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Halo used to be my choice dog food when the original owners had control over it .... it was 100% human grade dog food and it smelled delicious when you opened the can BUT, once it was sold the new owners changed the formula and that was the end of a great dog & cat food .... one of the new owners is a self proclaimed animal lover so I can't understand why she would go along & change the formula of something that was so good.

Respected Contributor

Is Ellen Degeneres still part owner of Halo?  My kitties eat a few varieties of their canned food as well as their dry food, but not the Sensitive Cat formula.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Halo used to be my choice dog food when the original owners had control over it .... it was 100% human grade dog food and it smelled delicious when you opened the can BUT, once it was sold the new owners changed the formula and that was the end of a great dog & cat food .... one of the new owners is a self proclaimed animal lover so I can't understand why she would go along & change the formula of something that was so good.

Not another company sold and changed for the worse?  Say it isn't so!  I had faith in this company because Ellen Degeneres was involved and she absolutely loves animals and I'm sure would never put up with anything that would harm them.  Is she no longer part of it?  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@January121 wrote:

Not another company sold and changed for the worse?  Say it isn't so!  I had faith in this company because Ellen Degeneres was involved and she absolutely loves animals and I'm sure would never put up with anything that would harm them.  Is she no longer part of it?  Smiley Sad

On Halo's website it has a quote from Ellen, and it says that she's a co-owner.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack - Thanks!  I'll check it out since my three cats are eating Halo food right now.  (Not the one recalled, I'm glad to say.)