Honored Contributor

EVER DEAL WITH CAT EXPOSURE TO MOLD?

Bogey got sick and had to go for a Sick Pet Visit to the vet last Monday.  All tests came back in the normal range, no obvious cause, and we're dealing with the appetite loss and dehydration.

Now doing some research has led me to suspect it might be exposure to mold.  (We had a flood in the living room, wet carpets for days while it was raining here).  

Vet's office closed till Monday and this isn't really an emergency question .... so I'm asking here ....

Have you ever dealt with a pet's exposure to mold?  TIA Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: EVER DEAL WITH CAT EXPOSURE TO MOLD?

@Tinkrbl44 - I asked DH (it helps when he is glued to the TV watching football LOL!). He said it definitely could be what you expect. He said it's not good for pets or people. He advises you to call your veterinarian Monday and tell him/her what's going on. I hope Bogey feels better!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm allergic to mold. Symptoms soon go away when the exposure stops if that's the problem.

****Can you put your cat in a room with an air cleaner?

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 - I asked DH (it helps when he is glued to the TV watching football LOL!). He said it definitely could be what you expect. He said it's not good for pets or people. He advises you to call your veterinarian Monday and tell him/her what's going on. I hope Bogey feels better!

@beach-mom 

Thank you ...  will do!  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom 

Still trying to work things out with Bogey .... but I think it's possible he might need a chiropractic adjustment.

Of course, the vet is closed on Sunday.  

I just noticed today he had trouble bending down to eat his wet food.  On the back of his neck one side is a giant lump and the other is "normal" ... doesn't feel like a growth or tumor ... like perhaps he needs an adjustment because something is "off".

What do vets do if xrays are taken and the cat needs an "adjustment"?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom 

Still trying to work things out with Bogey .... but I think it's possible he might need a chiropractic adjustment.

Of course, the vet is closed on Sunday.  

I just noticed today he had trouble bending down to eat his wet food.  On the back of his neck one side is a giant lump and the other is "normal" ... doesn't feel like a growth or tumor ... like perhaps he needs an adjustment because something is "off".

What do vets do if xrays are taken and the cat needs an "adjustment"?  

@Tinkrbl44 - DH said just now if there is a lump and Bogey is having trouble bending down he recommends you call your regular veterinarian first thing tomorrow. 

I really hope your regular veterinarian can help you figure out what's going on.  And I hope Bogey will be more comfortable.