Respected Contributor

Re: Dog In The Bed With a You?

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have three goldens that sleep with me,they keep me warm.

@goldensrbest You are very blessed to have three Goldens!!!!!  They ARE the best, aren't they?  Smiley Very Happy  (PLEASE, no offense to other breeds!)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Frequent Contributor

Yes, my dog, Roxie, sleeps with me. She bumps up to my back or in the bend of my legs. It makes me feel so safe and loved.  Yes, I am crazy about her!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have a mini poodle & she sleeps next to me all the time .... I would not have it any other way!!!!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I use to love that cuddle right behind my knees in the middle of the night & miss it.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

My two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels sleep in our bed every night.  I cover the bed with their doggy sheet so that they do not sleep on our bed covers and linens .  I do not want dog hair everywhere.  In the morning I just fold up the doggy sheet and wash it if necessary.

Honored Contributor

All the dogs I've had (those who were physically able) were allowed to sleep on the bed. 

My current dog likes to go under the covers when it's cold.  We call it "blankie season."

I let her go over the top sheet and under the blanket or bedspread.  Or sometimes, because she has a small blanket of her own on top of the bedspread, I lift that for her and she goes under that.  In warmer weather, she still likes to be covered sometimes, so an old (empty) pillowcase makes a nice "blankie" and is cooler.  She is not inside it, just under it.

I want my dog to be happy, and to feel part of the "pack" (as small as it is).  It makes me happy, too. 

It's amazing, isn't it, how much room a small dog can take up on a bed? Woman LOL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have three goldens that sleep with me,they keep me warm.

@goldensrbest You are very blessed to have three Goldens!!!!!  They ARE the best, aren't they?  Smiley Very Happy  (PLEASE, no offense to other breeds!)

Thank you,yes they are,they are my babies.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Our cats used to always find their way to our bed, whether someone was in it or not.  Our current cat doesn't anymore though.  I think it's too high for her to jump and she just kind of keeps to a limited area of the house now.

Our dog (MY dog) follows me around a lot and often wants to be where I am or at least where he can see me.  He's not allowed upstairs by himself, but comes up there and waits on me when I'm doing something else.  If I'm taking too long, he's always at liberty to leave and go back downstairs.  At night, DH usually takes him out around 10PM.  If I happen to head upstairs earlier than that, the dog is right there following behind me.  He hops up on the bed, on my side and waits while I'm taking care of my PM routine.  Then I have to tell him to move over to DH's side.  He remains on top of the covers while I try to squeeze in under them.  Once we get situated, he tries to lick my face, which I won't let him do since I have freshly applied skincare.  He knows "head down" so he'll put his head on me and I'll pet him for a little while until DH comes up and gets him.  He has his own bed to sleep in and never sleeps in our bed except maybe once in a blue moon if I take an afternoon nap on the weekend.

Frequent Contributor

I wish! Cats stopped sleeping with me except for once in a while when I got the dog. Sometimes the dog sleeps on the bed but usually on her bed right next to me. Pure bliss is when all three of them are snuggling with me!

Regular Contributor

My little 14 pound miniature poodle sleeps with me also.  He slept in his crate until he was about four years old and then I dedided that he was old enough to sleep in my bed.  I put a blanket down on his side every night and that is where he stays most of the night.  However, his butt always has to be next to me so sometimes that part is not on his  blanket.  Since he doesn't shed and gets groomed once a month and has his face and feet and other parts washed off everyday I don't mind him in my bed.

I love him sleeping with me as he is my little lovie and having him next to me makes me feel good inside and I am sure he loves it too.