Respected Contributor

Re: Dog In The Bed With a You?

I love having my dogs on my bed, and under the covers it is for the doxies. I have a ramp to provide easy acces and side rails on the lower edge so no one rolls over and falls off.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have three goldens that sleep with me,they keep me warm.

@goldensrbest You are very blessed to have three Goldens!!!!!  They ARE the best, aren't they?  Smiley Very Happy  (PLEASE, no offense to other breeds!)

Thank you,yes they are,they are my babies.

That is known as a "Three Dog Night" (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

My one dog let's me share the bed with her. Barely. LOL But I wouldn't have it any other way. Our dogs and cat sleep wherever they want, they don't have any restrictions. Just not outside.
Honored Contributor

Where else would they sleep?  LOL

Yes my dogs have always been allowed in the bed and on all our furniture.  My furniture is all covered and when people are coming over, the covers come off.  The dog I have now knows that when the covers are off the furniture, she is not allowed up there. She will sit in front of the couch and rest her head on the seat of the couch staring at me but won't come up. LOL

At one point DH and I had 3 boxers sleeping in the bed with us.  Now we have one dog and she generally spends most of the night sleeping at our feet. But it's not out of the ordinary for her to sleep long ways, between DH and me, with her head on the pillow. 

There have been times that I've slept horizontally across the foot of the bed because that's where I could fit or DH and I are clinging for dear life to the edges of the bed because the dog is horizontal up by the pillows.

I even had one boxer that laid curled up but with her head across my neck. He slept like that with his mom from the time he was born and never grew out of it.  An 80 pound dog has a big head but I'd move him and he'd be right back.   

Respected Contributor

@Carmie

I have a ruby Cavalier, Chloe is now 4.5 months old. Since day 1, she sleeps in her transport crate in my bed. In the morning, I let her out and we snuggle in bed for several hours. Thank you for the doggy sheet idea! 

Once she is totally housebroken, she will sleep with me without her crate. Seeing her lovable self every morning is just pure love and joy! These pictures always upload sideways on here with my iPad and iPhone...sorry.

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Years ago I had a dog named Spottie.  He loved to hog the bed to the point that I would be hanging off of it.  If I was reading in bed, he would jump into bed, stare at me, stare at the light, stare at me, stare at the light as if to say, it's time for sleep, turn the light off.

My next dog Max wouldn't sleep in bed with me. That killed me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Carmie

I have a ruby Cavalier, Chloe is now 4.5 months old. Since day 1, she sleeps in her transport crate in my bed. In the morning, I let her out and we snuggle in bed for several hours. Thank you for the doggy sheet idea! 

Once she is totally housebroken, she will sleep with me without her crate. Seeing her lovable self every morning is just pure love and joy! These pictures always upload sideways on here with my iPad and iPhone...sorry.

image.jpeg

OMG!  Your baby is beautiful.  I have a ruby and a black/tan and they are so sweet.  I used to put them in bed with me in their carry bags unil they were house trained.

I love this breed so much.  I have had many dogs in my lifetime. but IMO, Cavaliers are the best.  If I could, I would own 2 more so that I would have all four colors. 

Give Chloe kisses from me*****

Super Contributor

Uh, YES! image.jpeg

Super Contributor

My Granddog is a Ruby Cavy,  When he stays with me, he loves to sleep under the covers.He is such a cuddlebug!

Respected Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

My Granddog is a Ruby Cavy,  When he stays with me, he loves to sleep under the covers.He is such a cuddlebug!

@Tuffcookie

That is adorable!! When my baby isn't busy being a playful pup, she snuggles and I cherish every minute!! I'm looking forward to watching her grow.