Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your Pet Have A Nickname?

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I have a little 4 lb black pom named Lacey.  I also call her Little Bit or squeaky (because she's been debarked).

@Scooby Doo 

My DD is named Lacy (no 'e') !

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 17 year old kittys name is Lucky but his nick name is little boy because when Rusty was still alive, he was a huge cat so we called him big boy and Lucky little boy.  I also call him Mr. Lux, Luckers,  Luck Luck, Bubby and buddy.  Chloe's nickname is Miss Chloe, baby girl, Clo Clo, Little Miss, and depending on what  mayhem she has caused that day, Miss Trouble and of course, Mayhem.  She fits that last one well.  She is almost 18 months ld and pure Mayhem.  I could tell stories but it may take all day.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

Long time ago, I read that you can tell how loved a pet is by the number of nicknames they have.  More nicks = more love. 

Our crazy husky is named Beau, Bo-bo, tweeker, twinkle toes, twit, crazy husky and, depending on his behavior, some names that will not be mentioned here. LOL - I wonder how pets keep all these names straight? 

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  My Springer Spaniels name is Zeke. My nickname for him is Pooper. Don't ask me why, I'm sure it has something to do with when he was a puppy. Always said with affection. Love my Zekey boy!

Respected Contributor

Long time ago, I read that you can tell how loved a pet is by the number of nicknames they have.  More nicks equal  more love. 

Our crazy husky is named Beau, Bo-bo, tweeker, twinkle toes, twit, crazy husky and, depending on his behavior, some names that will not be mentioned here. LOL - I wonder how pets keep all these names straight? 

Contributor

My one cat was named Holly (she showed up right before Christmas 2003).  She was called 'Holly Berry', 'Holly Loha' and my favorite 'Holly Lama'.

My dog , Betsy, came to me named Boots, but that name wouldn't do and she was renamed Betsy Boots, but for some reason, I sometimes call her Missy Two Steps...don't know why but it suits her.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Char our black kitty is also know as Sharkie ,Char Char, Angel Kitty, Love Bug, Cutiepie.

Skitter is also Skids, Skitty, Grumpy cat, Crabby cat.

Sheba is Shebs, Shebacka

Hunter is Hunt, Dude, hunkahunka, or whatever else comes to mind. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My friend of Greek heritage told me that my last beagle, Penelope, had a Greek name. She told me the correct pronunciation, PeneLOpay, which I passed along to my granddaughter, then about 2 1/2. She couldn't pronounce all the syllables so all she could come up with was Wopie. That's what we started calling our dogs. They have their proper names but Wopie is the nickname. 

My beagle Maddie is Maddie-Wopie. We also call her Missy, because she's such a sweet girl. We often refer to Maddie as Her Royal Highness because she is the queen of our castle. Occasionally she's Little Bits, Bits of Love, or Piglet, because of her appetite. 

Contributor

My 13 1/2 year old Lhaso/cocker is named Sami but most of the time we call him "Puppy" or "Puppy Boy".

Super Contributor

My 8 year old dog is name LillyBelle. My husband calls her Princess or daddy's princess. I call her baby girl or sometimes mama's love. She answers to all of them.