Trusted Contributor

Do you put cream on your dogs' paws

I turned on the Q and saw the tail end of what looked like Chaz putting his expensive cream on his dogs ' paws.  I have never done this, but maybe I should. Does anyone do this?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you put cream on your dogs' paws

Nope. Why would I?

Honored Contributor

Are you serious? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I rinse their paws after a walk in the winter time if the roads are salted and have applied olive oil to protect them,

My dogs would lick off any creams applied.  I don't even apply cream to my skin.  The less chemicals used on your skin,the better... for me and my dogs,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES!!! My Maltie gets cracked paws in the winter. I only use Josie 's Argan oil  because it is pure in case he licks them  <3

I use Chaz's 613 on his fur....mmmmmmmmmm, lv the smell

Esteemed Contributor

I say it all the time, if my baby didn't go to the Rainbow bridge yes she would be just as pampered as Chaz's Angels.  She was lucky enough to experience the replenishing mists but before the actual Pet version came out.  She would come running when I called her because she loved to get spritzed.  Her pads were so rough and dry I only wish I thought of using Chaz's oils on them.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue  A dogs pads are supposed to be rough and dry.   That's what protects them from cuts and punctures. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Hi. We seem to meet up on all forums. Yes, my beagles have dry pads. I figure it's not the same as callouses on my feet which I pedi off....but then again,  I don't 

need the bottom of my feet to be rough to protect them walking barefoot (or bare pawed) on the street or in the woods. Wouldn't they lick the cream off anyway? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 Hi. We seem to meet up on all forums. Yes, my beagles have dry pads. I figure it's not the same as callouses on my feet which I pedi off....but then again,  I don't 

need the bottom of my feet to be rough to protect them walking barefoot (or bare pawed) on the street or in the woods. Wouldn't they lick the cream off anyway? 

@Shanus  Yes,  they'd lick it off and track it all over the house too.   If they had grease on their pads,  my dogs would track in all the sand and dirt that sticks to it too. 

Honored Contributor

I use JM body butter.  If you rub it in it doesn't get all over - the same as when you apply it to your own feet and walk barefoot.  It won't hurt the dog to lick it off anyway.  My vet recommended I do this especially in the winter whan the heat is on.  He also said to use vasoline on the pads before walking in the winter to protect from the salt.  It's too late to just clean after a walk and the protection is needed while walking. The groomer uses lotion and even puts lotion on my dogs nose.