Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Lali1 -

What a wonderful idea and what a good mom you are!

Lola is a cutie pie!

When we got her sister Lily we wanted her to get used to water. A few months later when we got Lola we had already put the pool up. The minute I pulled the pool out and filled it up Lola jumped in and Lily had no interest. 
She is so smart. Every night before bed she stands at the baby gate waiting to go up to get in bed. 

Respected Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

Lola is truly a Bathing Beauty 🥰

Thank you 😊

Respected Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@Lali1 Miss Lola is not only beautiful , but she is also one smart puppy. 

Thank you 😊 Is your username because you love chihuahuas? Prettychis was because at the time I had 5 long haired chihuahuas. 

Respected Contributor

Miss Lola gives new meaning to the dog days of summer!  What a bathing beauty is right.

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

Miss Lola gives new meaning to the dog days of summer!  What a bathing beauty is right.

Everyday all day she is in the pool. It does make for some pretty messy floors and furniture. Nothing a mopping and wet rag can't fix. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1   Why did you want to get her used to water?  Do they swim in a pool?  French Bulldogs usually can't swim.  I've read to never take them in a pool.  You use life jackets on them, don't you?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Lali1   Why did you want to get her used to water?  Do they swim in a pool?  French Bulldogs usually can't swim.  I've read to never take them in a pool.  You use life jackets on them, don't you?

We don't have any other pool. Mostly I just wanted my dogs to be ok with water. We live in a Texas and it gets hot so a baby pool makes sense for them. This is the smallest one I could find it's not deep enough for any of them to drown in. You are correct that Frenchies aren't supposed to be able to swim. They tend to sink. My other dogs have all been so afraid of water they don't even like the sprinkler or a bath. I do have life jackets so if I took them near water a pool, the beach or a lake I would make them wear one. Then again they get overheated so I would never take them most of those places. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

We don't have any other pool. Mostly I just wanted my dogs to be ok with water. We live in a Texas and it gets hot so a baby pool makes sense for them. This is the smallest one I could find it's not deep enough for any of them to drown in. You are correct that Frenchies aren't supposed to be able to swim. They tend to sink. My other dogs have all been so afraid of water they don't even like the sprinkler or a bath. I do have life jackets so if I took them near water a pool, the beach or a lake I would make them wear one. Then again they get overheated so I would never take them most of those places. 

@Lali1   I do like your little pool.  It looks like your Frenchie loves it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor
I love the pool !! It's so great for dogs in hot weather. I've bought several for my dogs.
Respected Contributor

@Lali1   Yep!  Love them.  Have 2. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet