Honored Contributor

Nursery around the bird feeder

We have 3 suet feeders out for the birds. And boy do they get used. My husband put a new suet out last night about 5:30PM and by 8:00AM it was completely gone. It is funny, there are 3 different "flavors" and the other 2 suets are barely touched.

Yesterday, there were about 4 young ones on the ground and Momma Starling would grab stuff out of the suet holder and feed a young one. And start all over again. It was so easy to pick out the young ones, their mouths were open most of the time. They were all lined up in a group with their mouths open. Wish I took a picture. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nursery around the bird feeder

Hey drizzella!  Watching birds is enjoyable for me too.  Do you know what flavor the birds are partial to?  Thanks, SC

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Hey drizzella!  Watching birds is enjoyable for me too.  Do you know what flavor the birds are partial to?  Thanks, SC

The suet they REALLY LIKE is from Walmart. It is called Peanut Delight. My husband is buying 4 cases at a time. 

The other suets he bought from Tractor Supply. They are Woodpecker Suet and Fruit Suet. These suets take at least 5 days to use up.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla Agree......woodpeckers love the peanut butter suet - they don't eat other flavors.  I have 'w' from small black/white to bit Woody with the red head.

I do take it down in the summer - cake gets hot and breaks apart due to heat - makes a mess and is wasted.