Super Contributor

Re: Questions about use of Velvet Mesquite products

Q4U:

Thank you for your tips.

I will do things much differently next time.

I still use WEN, but I've seen so many posts about Nick's products, I was curious. I was on waitlist a long time. These are 11oz & I got it on easy pay, so all around, good for me lol. 

If I like this product, I'm thinking about getting the spray mist.

I would also like to try his voluminzing [sp] products.

I'm glad it works for you.

Path

Super Contributor

January121:

Sorry this product doesn't work for you.

I'm going to use the tips from everyone & see how it works.

What products are your favorites from Nick's line? How long have you been using them?

Path

Honored Contributor

Just one more thing.... Use the amount they tell you to use... not a lot but it does the job.  I forget how much, dime sized shampoo I think and a little more than that for the conditioner (depending on length of hair)....  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

cattitude:

Thank you for the tips. I've always used cool water to rinse my hair. I think it makes my hair shinier as well. I also have very fine hair, which is getting finer by the year, & it has always been shiny.

What is the new boost spray? What line is it from or is a brand new product?

Path

Super Contributor

Diane:

Thank you for your tips.

I'm going to play around with the amounts I use. I don't think I used enough of the products because of how I followed directions.

I'm interested in his products that add volume, because my fine hair is getting finer & there is so much less of it than when I was younger.

I like your picture. You will NEVER see a picture of me lol.

Path

Respected Contributor

sigh.  life has gotten so complicated.

any time i need directions on how to use a shampoo or a conditioner, then i KNOW i am in trouble.

i realize that i am the exception, but so many of these hair products these days require a certain amount of instruction/knowledge.  

again, i know i am the exception, but in my world, i have to keep it simple.

i hope you figure it out and find a routine that works for you. 

Super Contributor

To everyone who replied, thank you.

Such class from everyone. 

I greatly appreciate that you told me how you use the products & gave tips which would help me make better use of the products. No one was judgemental or critical. Didn't blame me for not doing something right. No personal attacks.

This is what the Q board should be about. Being helpful without the nasty comments. I asked a question, I got direct and to the point answers.

Again, thank you & have a great weekend. It's still hot, steamy, & now raining [which we need].

I gave everyone a heart lol.

Path

Super Contributor

Woman Surprised

Oh my god, NC Bandwagon. Maybe I should wear my glasses. In fact, I was going to say that you resembled Lisa Robertson. I am feeling so embarrased, but whoa, that is some fine looking man. When was it taken, do you know?

Thank you for the enlargement.

I wish they still had the old icons.

I apologize, but you do say how much you love Nick, so am I forgiven? If I could give multiple hearts for that picture I would.

Path

Contributor

@patheticcosmetics wrote:

cattitude:

Thank you for the tips. I've always used cool water to rinse my hair. I think it makes my hair shinier as well. I also have very fine hair, which is getting finer by the year, & it has always been shiny.

What is the new boost spray? What line is it from or is a brand new product?

Path

Hi Path.  I have very fine hair as well and I've found all the products in the Velvet Mesquite line to work fabulous with my hair.  The boost spray is in the Velvet Mesquite line - http://www.qvc.com/Nick-Chavez-Velvet-Mesquite-Grande-Body-Boost-Protein-Spray-Duo-8-oz..product.A26...    It just arrived for me today and I can't wait to try it.

Respected Contributor

@patheticcosmetics wrote:

Woman Surprised

Oh my god, NC Bandwagon. Maybe I should wear my glasses. In fact, I was going to say that you resembled Lisa Robertson. I am feeling so embarrased, but whoa, that is some fine looking man. When was it taken, do you know?

Thank you for the enlargement.

I wish they still had the old icons.

I apologize, but you do say how much you love Nick, so am I forgiven? If I could give multiple hearts for that picture I would.

Path

Haha! Don't worry about it. Smiley Very Happy The profile pictures here are automatically converted to a tiny size. I actually don't know when it was taken. Probably maybe 7 or 10 years ago. I can only guess because Nick's hair is shorter in this picture. Nick used to be a former model.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder