Valued Contributor

Fascinating topic. I am almost identical to my Mom except for my eye color which is just like my Grandmother's. My daughter looks like me but her eye color is like her Dad's. None of my 4 children have green eyes like me but have the dominant brown eyes. As my children get older, they surprise me every time I see them. Sometimes I find myself looking at them cockeyed as their features change. 

Esteemed Contributor

Charlotte does resemble her Great Grandmother alot.  When our daughter was about 2 months old I told my husband she looks just like your cousin Howie.  And she did then but she changed almost monthly. When I would babysit one of my brother's sons people would be shocked he wasn't my son he looked so much like me.  Now he has two daughters who really resemble me. Strong genes.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

Isn't the queen her great-grandmother?

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I reconnected with a cousin; her father and my mother were sibings. I was really shocked at how much she looks like my mother; it was really uncanny.

Respected Contributor

One of my kids does not look like my father, but occasionally he will use a way of speaking or a tone of voice which reminds me strongly of my dad.