Respected Contributor

Re: Do singles decorate eggs ?

@Mominohio I agree with you. It’s a simple question—I wonder too how many folks continue the tradition when no kids are around to enjoy them. Thank you for your post OP.

To answer the question, I quit coloring eggs after the kids grew up to avoid the mess—which I guess is pretty common after dyeing eggs for many Easters. I’ve seen some new techniques that seem less messy, and I may color some next year. I love egg salad and deviled eggs, so no waste here. I did boil up a dozen and took a platter of deviled eggs to Easter dinner, and they fought over the last egg. 

Trusted Contributor

The first few years we were married, my husband and I not only coloured eggs but, hid them around our apartment! We took turns hiding and hunting. (I loved making them in various pastel shades.) 

Then we made a big batch of very eggy potato salad. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know young singles that color eggs and carve Halloween pumpkins.  It's fun for them.🎃🐥🥚

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I am not single but I am retired, do not do eggs nor do I decorate for any holiday. Boy, I sound like a grinch! ❤️❤️🐰🐰

I'm retired and married and I haven't done eggs since my son was little.  Also, don't decorate for any holiday except Christmas and I'm doing less of that every year.

Trusted Contributor

Yes! When I was single I colored easter eggs with my little nephew. We had the most fun! Once when he wasn't looking, I used the wax crayon to put his name on an egg; when he dipped it in the dye and it came out with his name on it, I thought his eyes were going to pop right out of his head.

He wanted to know how this happened, I said, Maybe it was laid by a chicken named Bobby--we still laugh about that.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to another poster

Respected Contributor

My Mother always celebrated by herself until she couldn't any longer.

Honored Contributor

I still don't understand why this is a question.  Just because someone is older doesn't mean they don't enjoy doing things, whatever it may be.

Trusted Contributor

I think the cast offs arereally pretty, with the varying shades of color.