Honored Contributor

Re: Do singles decorate eggs ?

I don't..........what would I do with them?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Does it really matter?  If we feel like we want to decorate eggs, we decorate eggs!!  We're mid 70's and sometime it's just a fun thing to do...at any age!

Honored Contributor

I just saw this and even though Easter is over, I decided to answer any way!  DH and I did color eggs this year.  I had not colored eggs in years and years and neither had he. I told him about a month ago--- guess what?  We are coloring eggs this year!  Nothing fancy --- just got a couple of those little kits from Walmart.  And we had the most fun!!!  It was so enjoyable and really brightened up our Easter!  Luckily, we both enjoy hard boiled eggs and I made a few deviled eggs also!  We are definitely kids at heart!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If a single person wants to color eggs or decorate for holidays, I say go for it and have fun.  If a single person doesn't, no big deal and it's their choice.

I'm not sure why this is even a question.  It's really no one else's business.

Respected Contributor

Sure.  I only did 6 and used the old fashioned method of boiling water, 1 tsp vinegar and food color.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

Huhhh?????   Yes, of course "singles" decorate eggs.  Some of them do anway and they do it for the same reasons that un-singles do it.  They decorate eggs for or with the children in their lives.  Perhaps you haven't heard but "singles" have children, nieces, nephews, God children, children in their classrooms, Sunday school children.  Being single does not mean you don't have children in your life.  There are also those who  decorate eggs to go with their Easter theme. Singles even cook Easter dinner for friends and family.  Singles do everhthing un-singles do.

These were my first thoughts when I saw this topic too.

The question probably should have been, "Do people who don't have children in their lives decorate eggs?"  Lots of "singles" do have children in their lives, and many of them are single parents through divorce, widowhood, lifestyle, whatever.  And of course others are actively involved with children whether it be through their own families, neighbors, friends, whatever.

So being single has nothing to do with it.  And of course some people with no children in their lives do decorate eggs.  Why not?  If it's an activity they enjoy, they should do it, just as some adults like to color and do simple crafts.

Valued Contributor

Of course, I decorated eggs and delivered them in small baskets filled with wholesome goodies for elderly neighbors who would not be getting out.  Eggs were freshly made and many at them ate them while I was there.  Fun for all.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Sure.  I only did 6 and used the old fashioned method of boiling water, 1 tsp vinegar and food color.

I wanted to add, that I am not single.  Husband and I have no small children in our daily lives.  We just do it because it is a symbol of Easter to us and we eat hardboiled eggs are part of our ethnic Easter meal.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Huhhh?????   Yes, of course "singles" decorate eggs.  Some of them do anway and they do it for the same reasons that un-singles do it.  They decorate eggs for or with the children in their lives.  Perhaps you haven't heard but "singles" have children, nieces, nephews, God children, children in their classrooms, Sunday school children.  Being single does not mean you don't have children in your life.  There are also those who  decorate eggs to go with their Easter theme. Singles even cook Easter dinner for friends and family.  Singles do everhthing un-singles do.

The original post first sentence makes it clear 'seniors without families'.

What is the problem with people being unable to read and comprehend simple sentences and ideas, but instead add things that aren't there, lash out and be rude? 

Getting all high and mighty when you are the one that has missed the entire meaning behind the question and post is unbecoming.

Honored Contributor

I have to add, after reading all the replies, how really hateful some of these replies are. 

Someone simply posted a topic to answer and discuss about whether when you no longer have little ones to decorate eggs for, do you continue to do so, or know people who do.

I see no judgement from the OP as to one should or one shouldn't. I see nothing odd in starting a conversation about who might still do it, how, why, what they do with the eggs (loved the person who did it and gave to neighbors and friends that might not have anyone to do it for and with anymore!). 

Geez. I feel the need to apologize to the OP for all the nasty responses and flippant attitudes. She really didn't deserve that, and it is really out of line.