Respected Contributor

Curious if seniors without family still bother to decorate eggs for Easter ? I know many people only do it for grandkids but in my circles a few women who are widows do continue to decorate eggs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do singles decorate eggs ?

Sure, why not?

http://hgtvhome.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/hgtv/fullset/2013/2/26/1/Original_Kim-Stoegbauer-Easter-Egg-Decorating-Party-Paper-Animal-Eggs-Beauty_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpeghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wsG1Iio9Mzo/Uxns3BsnsXI/AAAAAAABiOQ/M2JI83GYjSc/s1600/Happy+Easter+Gif+3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Huhhh?????   Yes, of course "singles" decorate eggs.  Some of them do anway and they do it for the same reasons that un-singles do it.  They decorate eggs for or with the children in their lives.  Perhaps you haven't heard but "singles" have children, nieces, nephews, God children, children in their classrooms, Sunday school children.  Being single does not mean you don't have children in your life.  There are also those who  decorate eggs to go with their Easter theme. Singles even cook Easter dinner for friends and family.  Singles do everhthing un-singles do.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not single but I am retired, do not do eggs nor do I decorate for any holiday. Boy, I sound like a grinch! ❤️❤️🐰🐰

Esteemed Contributor

I don't decorate eggs since my children grew up....it wasn't one of my favorite Easter tradtions..and was actually glad when i didn't have to do it anymore!!....But cheers to those that love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My youngest granddaughter who is 13 spent the whole day with me yesterday.  First we went shopping, then I cut her waist length hair short...chin length.  Made me sad, but she really wanted it cut and then she decorated eggs.

She did two dozen.  She took a dozen of the prettiest ones home with her and I have the rest.  The ones she didn’t care for.  I think they all turned out beautiful.  Most of her cast offs were purple and blue.  

I should have put them in a basket with Easter grass before I took a pic..

oh well.

BC5ED301-30FA-4B3B-B879-2D16CF0BEFA5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Decorate eggs?  Good heavens no; why would I bother?  Even my son wasn't much interested in them when he was a tyke.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We are still in the hard boiled egg experiment stage. My husband hard boiled some eggs. They were hard to peel and chunks of white were still on the shell. He even put vinegar in the water. So then he found a recipe to hard boil eggs in the oven. Well they turned out worse. Under done.

No one wants to eat either set. So we figured since no one is looking forward to eating them. We won't decorate them.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm so glad I saw this thread, I forgot to put out my pysanki( don't know about the spelling)eggs I inherited from my MIL. These are beautiful decorated eggs that she put in a crystal easter basket that I inherited too. I don't color eggs myself since my son grew up.

Respected Contributor

Why not if it's their tradition? I don't get the question. It's the same as asking, oh, if a single person should have a holiday tree.