Respected Contributor

Re: What size in hooded sweater A268127?

@Sadiesadie wrote:

I had to send mine back due to my reaction to the wool but sure wish I could have kept it. Beautiful. I'm 5', 131lbs, 36D and the small was perfect. I have full upper arms and there was no clinging. Had just a loose enough fit without going baggy.  

I always wonder where the shoulder seams fall when people size up so much. I always check that first in the measurements and when that seam sits right where it should, the top fits me well. Otherwise, it looks baggy on me and unflattering.

That's a shame you had a reaction to the wool.   Although I decided to go with my larger Linea size (XS over XXS), I don't want mine baggy or sloppy.  I'm never quite sure where the shoulder seam should land exactly but the XS seemed to hit where I think it should.   

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie

This sounds like a great idea! 

Would you mind sharing with me how to measure and where?  This would really help... thank you!Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I just had a major surprise.  I hand washed both hooded sweaters together.  The taupe came out fine and is now drying flat.  The blue must be a totally different fabric blend.  It shrank so much it won't even fit a toddler.  I'm letting it dry and hoping for a miracle, but this is so strange.  Why would the taupe wash beautifully and the blue turn out like infant wear?

Oh no!!!   I will wash mine when I get them and hope I don't have the same problem.  Will report back. 

Generally speaking, when an item says handwash, can we put it in the washing machine on the handwash cycle in a mesh laundry bag and be ok?   It's a front load washer...

I think if it says hand wash there is a reason for that... well, If you have a hand wash cycle you can try that.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I just had a major surprise.  I hand washed both hooded sweaters together.  The taupe came out fine and is now drying flat.  The blue must be a totally different fabric blend.  It shrank so much it won't even fit a toddler.  I'm letting it dry and hoping for a miracle, but this is so strange.  Why would the taupe wash beautifully and the blue turn out like infant wear?

Oh no!!!   I will wash mine when I get them and hope I don't have the same problem.  Will report back. 

Generally speaking, when an item says handwash, can we put it in the washing machine on the handwash cycle in a mesh laundry bag and be ok?   It's a front load washer...

Many of us wash our whisperknit items in a mesh laundry bag in the washing machine.  That method works well for WK.  But the hooded sweater isn't WK, and considering the wool content, I hand washed it.  If other ladies post that they successfully machine washed the hooded sweater, then I'll be happy to change my method. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

Do not put wool in the washing machine, even in a bag unless it specifically says it can be machine washed. The wool will felt. A wool blend still may felt.

Respected Contributor

I handwash all of my Linea sweaters in color indicated Woolite by hand and dry flat.  They turn out like new.  I intend to wash the hoodie the same way.  I am sure it will turn out lovely.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks ladies! I will only handwash as suggested.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I measured a Linea top that fits me perfectly from seam to seam across the back. I need 14.5-14.75" to look right. Hate how a top looks on me when that seam hits beyond the top of the shoulder. Not sure if it is because I'm busty but I look heavier and sloppy. Just doesn't hang right. On his fitted jackets, thinking of the hooded one, I had to go up to medium and the seam hits me just right even though it was listed as wider than the above. Took me a long time to figure out just why something was looking off.