Respected Contributor

I have a fun question?

[ Edited ]

What new Linea piece surprised you because you really liked it?

Besides the trench, the Moto jacket and the quilted jacket, ,which I always had high hopes for, these pieces surprised me.

1-A267869, the hoodie dress. I wear it alot and have all three colors. It has become a go to piece

2-A267880, the asymmetric hem tunic. Really love the fabric and how good it feels

3-A268243, the tuxedo Linea Leisure pant. It's so comfortable and SLIMMING

4-A267873, the Linea Leisure tunic. It's so comfortable, and hides everything

5-A267874, the fancy knit Linea Leisure tunic. This is another easy, comfortable, flattering top

6-A267865, the L.L. hoodie with the faux leather sleeves. My daughter immediately took the purple one, so now I have the slate blue one. and tobacco. That has happened alot with my Linea clothes. Now that she's getting older I am loosing more  and more clothes!

7-A267937, the zip front cardigan with the faux leather trim. This fits and feels great. I know when the weather really cools down this will get a lot of use. I loved Louis' recent post and all the ways he showed it.

8-A268130, the tiered bi-color WK sweater. I wore this in the black to a gallery opening with my black pencil skirt my lace tights, booties and it was perfect. I felt very chic..

9-A268123, the ponts blazer with faux leather trims. I own and love the pant, another terrific surprise, and I love the fit and quality of this blazer. It looks very expensive.

That is a lot and I'm set for two years, she said, LOL. What did you get that was a pleasant surprise?

Esteemed Contributor

I knew I would love the new swing sweaters, zebra coat and the trench but these were my surprises!

The techno cady shirt.  I have a love/hate relationship with blouses and wasn't going to order but can't pass up trying a new fabric. Man, I just love this blouse. Comfortable but elegant and looks like $$$$.

Also, the nubby fabric top and skirt which looks and feels like Vince or Rag and Bone. It's just a bit edgy but totally wearable together and really shines as separates.

I think the big surprise was the skort. Never say never when it comes to Linea! I wore mine this summer and this past week we had one cooler day so wore it with booties and a long sweater. Many, many compliments.

And, like you the color block cardigan. So not me, but the alabaster/black called out and I answered! I prefer mine with other tops than the matching sweater (just me) such as a black silk cami or even a cotton tank--makes it feel a bit more downtown.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I think I'm going to shock most of the Linea ladies when I say the zebra coat.

I very much liked it when LDO did his sneak peak.  And as most everyone said, it really was a one of a kind piece you wouldn't/couldn't find elsewhere.

Having said that, I just didn't feel that I would get much wear out of it and even though it appealed to the funky part of my personality, I seroiusly questioned how much i would wear this piece.  So I pretty much decided not to consider this coat.  Besides, I figured, I was in love with the trench and have several other coats (pea coat and swing) in multiple colors that I really could forgo this one.

When his show aired, I regretted not ordering them.  So I promptly put two into my cart-grey and blue.

I was so blown away when they arrived!  The fit was fabulous and the quality superb!

I can't count the times I have worn this coat these past weeks.  In fact, the other day I reached for it again and thought, gee I wonder if anyone will notice and think this is the only coat I own!

BTW, it coordinates with much more than I had originally thought.

Truly the best surprise from Linea in a while!

Respected Contributor

Re: I have a fun question?

[ Edited ]

I purchased a great deal of Linea this Fall Season.  I expected all of my choices to be lovely.  There were two items that I more or less took a risk on:

1 Linea Tortoise Jacket in Topaz (A230025) I ordered in a weak moment because of all of the spectacular reviews and presentation by Louis on his last visit. I expected, possibly, an over glorified sweat shirt.  I took it out of the package and tried it on.  The fabric was a scuba ponte knit, print was wonderful. But what wowed me the most, was the fit.  This jacket is so flattering.  After seeing the jacket in person, I also gave it rave reviews.

2 Hoodie Sweater in Oatmeal (A268127) I am not a hoodie person. But based on Louis's description and the color explanation on his blog and the fact he paired it with my favorite Linea Lt. Khaki slim ankle pants.  I decided to take the risk.  To say the hoodie was better than expected was an understatement.  The hoodie fabric hand was expensive and fit was perfect.  The hoodie is a great addition to my wardrobe with the aforementioned pants. I gave the hoodie a 5 star review.

Respected Contributor

Re: I have a fun question?

[ Edited ]

@gardensla

Well you've gone and done it! I saw your review on this fabulous shirt and I ordered the black!!  I never saw the presentation, wonder if it was early morning with Jennifer. I'm sure it would look elegant with pearls!!

Now I will have to stalk the beige. 😀

Respected Contributor

The Moto really surprised me! I thought, that's not going to look good on my chubby size 16. Well, I was SO wrong!! Leave it to Louis, fits beautifully looks fantastic on ME!!!

Respected Contributor

The Plum MOTO jacket.  The first order had to be returned because of a strong chemical odor.  I just barely tried it on, and then it was back in the box to send back to QVC.  Then I thought it over, after reading so many glowing comments about this jacket.  So I decided to try it again.  This time, the jacket only had a nice new leather smell, and the jacket fit me perfectly.  I wore it only once so far, but it was very comfortable.  The only thing was that the lapels didn't want to stay open.  I'm trying to train them by hanging the jacket in my closet very close to my other jackets (recommended by another forum member).  

Respected Contributor

Lyn, you could also try zipping it part way up and fold the lapels over the way you wnat laying on a table and put some heavy books on them for a day or so.