Contributor

Re: What size are you ordering in the October Big Deal?

Will it be available at midnight?  For some reason I didn’t think it would be availe until later tomorrow night. I’ll definitely stay up til midnight tonight for a chance to order!  Thanks!

Contributor

Will it be available at midnight?  For some reason I didn’t think it would be available until later tomorrow night. I’ll definitely stay up til midnight tonight for a chance to order!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@FlGirl wrote:

Looks like those of us in the Florida panhandle may miss out on this jacket thanks to Michael.  I don’t expect to have power tomorrow night.  It’s a shame because I’ve been anxiously waiting  this jacket.

Can you not order from your cell phone?  

Honored Contributor

Not everyone has a Smart phone. I finally gave up my slide keyboard phone in July for a Smart phone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I do have a smartphone , but not the best reception here.  Hopefully I’ll be able to order at midnight tonight. If this is anything like Opal, we’ll be without power for at least a week. We do have generators for emergency power

New Contributor

Take a look at the garment measurements - I did and from what I saw, the Big Deal jacket is running a bit larger than the last leather jacket, recent blazers, the trench coat and a coat from last year. I only looked at sizes 14 and 16. I personally went down to a 14. Don't take my word, I don't want any blame, but do look at it for your size.

Honored Contributor

I posted this on the other thread about the jacket: I purchased my regular size 14. After looking at the charts members posted (I can not get the charts to come up; such a slow system tonight) I realized that my size 14 is going to roughly a 16 but thats ok; I need the extra room in the shoulders and chest and it appears the 14 will work. 

Trusted Contributor

After conferring with Louis and looking at the "click here" garment measurements, I went with my regular size.  That was after trying on an earlier Linea leather/knit blazer I have, which has about 2 inches less ease in the bust measurement.  I will not be wearing this topper over tailored jackets and such but likely will over bulkier sweaters.  I think my normal size will be fine.

Rather than ordering two of two different sizes, you may want to consider putting your back-up on check hold.  That way Louis won't be charged with a return, which wiil happen regardless of the reason for returning.  If returns are too high, it eliminates the possibility of a reorder with new colors.  This despite the dire warning that the cost of leather imports will go greatly up because of the new tarrifs, and Louis will no longer be able to bring us leather and suede.  We never know what the future will bring!

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbara in VirginiaHow long will QVC hold a jacket? If I order one size will I have to time receive it and try it on. Will QVC still hold it so I'm able to cancel or go ahead and order the check hold if that would be a better size? No one has ever explained that process and I don't have a clue! Thanks for any help. (Not sure about a size 12 or 14 and don't want to order two for fear of high return rates incurred.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

This is the first time I have done a "check hold" so don't have experience wth it other than now.  I *think* it is held for two weeks, and you then either convert it to a credit card or cancel.  I "think" if you do nothing, they will cancel after two weeks.  Hopefully someone here wil have more information!