Honored Contributor

Re: Something to think about!

Snowflakes in hell have a better chance than there is of Mike George backing down a second time.

I personally think there was an unpleasant dust-up between Louis and Q PTB.  I think he was asked not to return to the premises, hence his story about not traveling (with many alternatives available).  Note that he has never been given the opportunity to appear on Zoom, as have other vendors.  Something has gone on behind the scenes.  Its probably irreversible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Dear Tends2dogs, just for your own knowledge the Linea Super Ponte pants aren't polyester. They are a blend of Rayon/Nylon and Span, and they feel and wear incredibly. If you haven't bought them, which have been avail for a few years now, you should try them.

Esteemed Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

Something else to think about.   Qurate,who owns QVC, also owns HSN, Zulily, Ballard designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill and Grandin Road.

Fortunately, I don't shop any of those places!! Years ago, QVC carried some very nice lines and my money was spent with pleasure. Only Linea has kept me with QVC the past five to seven years. 

As they carry more and more of their own brands, I'm even less interested in checking out what has been aired on their programming. Haven't watched a live program in several years. QVC's products do not live up to what I prefer to purchase. 

I'm so sad QVC is cutting business with Louis. His Linea line is his life and his love. It is my sincere hope he will continue to provide great fashions (we all adore his whisper knits!) from another source. I'll be watching LDO on Facebook for whatever he does in the future.

In the meantime, QVC is history to me. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Snowflakes in hell have a better chance than there is of Mike George backing down a second time.

I personally think there was an unpleasant dust-up between Louis and Q PTB.  I think he was asked not to return to the premises, hence his story about not traveling (with many alternatives available).  Note that he has never been given the opportunity to appear on Zoom, as have other vendors.  Something has gone on behind the scenes.  Its probably irreversible. 

@Kachina624  That's the thing.The train from Ct. and I'm not sure where he would get that, would have to go into Manhattan and then I guess bus it to West Chester. This would take forever. No airports are near him. The easiest is driving. That's why Joan Rivers always came by car. If there was an easier way she would have taken it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kachina624,

Were we separated at birth?

Your mind and mine often go along the same routes.

Valued Contributor

Maybe he was always just going to have a 20-year run.  I'm sure this has been in the works for some time. At least Louis was able to have some spectacular creations his last year.  The Anniversary pieces, the Italian silver & gold jewelry, the sequin pants & tops...

I hate to see the end of the line & I hope Louis is financially OK.  But with the host firings, the ending of QVC 2 & 3, the horrible photos, the shrinking budget & all the restrictions....in all honesty I would be glad to jump this sinking ship!

Honored Contributor

@golding76.  Do you also have the feeling something happened?

Respected Contributor

@Somertime thank you for the post and link. I sent an

email.

I tried calling corporate when Simonton was canned. Got a call back from president's secty.

She listened and that was the end of it.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  That's the thing.The train from Ct. and I'm not sure where he would get that, would have to go into Manhattan and then I guess bus it to West Chester. This would take forever. No airports are near him. The easiest is driving. That's why Joan Rivers always came by car. If there was an easier way she would have taken it.

@proudlyfromNJ.  When your whole life revolves around your job and traveling for your job is essential, you travel.  He could hire a driver or limo service.  He could leisurely travel to West Chester, spend a couple nights in a nice hotel or B&B and take his time driving home.  Its not that strenuous of a drive.  He's not that old and feeble.   I think it's  a cop out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kachina624,

The part that always puzzled me was that Louis never appeared on Zoom, and this obviously took your interest, too.

Someone once asked Louis about this on his blog, and I believe he responded that Jennifer is now the rep to appear on camera.  The answer was not fully satisfying (although I do not recall its full content).  But there was a certain strange acceptance of this.

My thought about this was that QVC had imposed all sorts of limitations on him.  The "why" of it, I don't know.  I can't imagine Louis being anything other than a gentleman, so I don't think he and Mike George had an irreparable breach.  But something is not "normal" in his relationship with QVC.  Can't quite put my finger on why I feel this way, but my gut tells me he did not receive equal treatment over the years. 

If you recall, I'm the one who always put on her tinfoil hat when things went awry for his on-air appearances.  Remember the time that the white or beige top Brenda was wearing was slit down the side?  It seemed like sabotage to me.  This occurred years ago when there was a thick pack of Linea Ladies buying very often, Louis was in his glory and, I suspect, some other of the house-brand designers were jealous of his success with this exclusive group of women.  Louis explained later that a shipment all had slits (or something like that), but maybe someone maliciously slashed an entire box's contents.  Do you recall mics going silent and other weird happenings that seemed to happen only when he was on-air?  Each time these flukes happened, it was all I could do not to scream.

Oh, and let's not forget the times when the system crashed and we were unable to buy when his show was airing.  Yeah, all by chance...