Regular Contributor

I've been struggling to organize my Linea collection and thought you would have great ideas. There were some ideas about jewelry a while ago, so interesting, but this is about the clothes.  If you have multiples in one style do you put them together in the closet, drawer, etc. or do you store by color or by outfit? For instance all jackets together, all black tops and blouses together or everything in alabaster in one area.  (How did I get so much alibaster?)  I am re-doing my closets and want better organization. You just might have an idea I did not consider. Thanks in advance for your suggestions! If you have come across a resource that has been helpful, it would also be appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

I organize by color AND type, for example

all black pants together. all black tees, white tees in another drawer.

For colors with fewer pieces, like olive, I keep them hanging together so I can see what I have to mix & match.

I have core colors in my wardrobe, which helps a bit.

After that, it's blouses hanging together, from light to dark, etc.

I also have clear plastic bins arranged by color for my WKs to store folded.

Yes, I am fortunate to have plenty of closet and dry basement storage for my wardrobe.

I do remove the sweaters and heavy winter items during the warm month and same for summer clothes during cold weather. I want to see only the clothes that I want to wear.

One of the best investments I have made is customizing my closets in my past and now my present homes. I use it daily and having a custom space really makes and keeps my wardrobe organized and saves so much time as well as $$ when I can see what I have and avoid buying unneeded duplicates. The other is Huggable Hangers.     I used to think they were an unnecessary purchase. Now every hanger in my house is a HH.

Respected Contributor

Re: Organizing Ideas

[ Edited ]

@queendiva  You've got a great system! I agree that getting a closet customized makes a huge difference. And, now with more (affordable) options from Ikea, it's an easier decision and the installation is manageable.

I have built ins for my closet & a separate section for my Linea pants, blouses & dresses, organized by color. I now use a standalone armoire to store my Linea knits in individual bins on each shelf. 

The biggest help in figuring out what I own is a Linea board on Pinterest, which I suspect many of us use. I create a private board with sub-sections for each season and post the photos of what I've purchased. This refreshes my memory on what I own and gives me ideas on what to wear whenever I'm stumped, This has made the biggest difference in managing my obscenely large Linea collection! lol. Highly recommend it Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@queendiva  I like the clear bin idea for the WK and grouping of the ever popular black pants.  I'll do that except where they might be paired with a jacket of the same fabric. The huggable hangers are awesome. I too only use them.  Thanks so much for your response. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@GraceCO Pinterest!  What a great idea!  It will take me a while to create it now that I too have a ridiculous number of Linea.  Ha!  But I love them all and I think this catalogue is a winner.  Thank you for sharing this!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecan Sandie wrote:

@GraceCO Pinterest!  What a great idea!  It will take me a while to create it now that I too have a ridiculous number of Linea.  Ha!  But I love them all and I think this catalogue is a winner.  Thank you for sharing this!

@Pecan Sandie  Honestly, it's life changing! Saves time and money. I actually enjoy pinning the photos, and it even helps to organize "what to buy" each new season when Louis posts his sneak peeks. Starting from scratch, it will take you some time, but luckily, Louis has just about everything on his blog going back to 2010. Have fun!

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@Pecan Sandie wrote:

@Pecan Sandie  Honestly, it's life changing! Saves time and money. I actually enjoy pinning the photos, and it even helps to organize "what to buy" each new season when Louis posts his sneak peeks. Starting from scratch, it will take you some time, but luckily, Louis has just about everything on his blog going back to 2010. Have fun!

Love the Pinterest idea.

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO - You mention, "I now use a standalone armoire to store my Linea knits in individual bins on each shelf."  

I also have an armoire with a bottom shelf and 2 other shelves.  I have a lot of tops/sweaters that I fold and stack one on top of the other.  That doesn't work well for me, so I'm interested to know what size and type of bins do you use in your armoire?  I'd be very grateful for any info you can give me.  Thanks much, Grace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08 

I purchased the bins at the Container Store. They are open on one side, which allows easy access, and they're stackable. Here's the link: https://www.containerstore.com/s/cases-of-premium-stackable-shirt-and-sweater-bins/d?q=plastic%20swe...

Hope these work for you!

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO, I love the clear stacking bins!  I have two large antique armoires filled with Linea.  I have been using the packing cubes for travel, organized by color, but they slip and slide around and really aren't the best.  I think I would love the stability of these bins along with the fact that I can clearly see what is in them.  Now I need to measure my armoires to see how they would fit into them.  Thanks again!