Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW! A ‘HOLIDAY’ SWING JACKET!

I'm also happy to hear about the super ponte pants being offered in petites. Wonder if they will be any more colors other than the black and brown.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

You know, the length is quite long (which works really well for me). I'm thinking if I ordered down a few sizes as I don't plan on ever wearing it buttoned, if that would loosen the "swing" on the garment.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on the models.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

This is not for me which is a good thing for my budget since my furnace just stopped working!!

@DiAnne

So sorry to hear this. My twin furnaces died last year two days before Thanksgiving. I was fit to be tied but what can you do. Such a large and necessary expenditure. Fortunately, two payment plan options were available through the installer, which I took advantage of. I  hope some kind of terms are available for you too.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

RochelleS

I knew I'd offend someone.  I'm not just short, 5'1'' and curvy but I have no shoulders. I  had my dressmaker put shoulder pads in two of Louis recent crepe dresses. If Louis says there are removable shoulder pads I buy it. 

Oh @lavendar, I am not offended. It is you who I didn't want to offend in any way whatsoever. 

Of course not all Linea is for everyone, we all know that, yet appreciate those who love the different styles Louis brings to us. I think this new Holiday offering will be very smart and eye catching for those who add it to their wardrobe. I'm short like you and look forward to seeing this modeled on air. I have a feeling it's going to show very well and surprise many.

I want to add...every time  you have shared your outfits and the reaction of those  around you, it's brought a big smile. Whether it's been a wedding, a doctors appointment  or a social outing you have shared a flair and your love of beautiful clothing. It's been a true pleasure to read and I hope you will continue this special and appreciated peek into your fun and fine taste.

And my family all got off a boat many years back. I heard the expression many times and do know the message my mother conveyed... "go change...now!"

Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Does anyone think that the swing jacket could be shortened a little without destroying the lines for us Lineaputians? 

32” I feel is a little like a coat size length for a jacket. 

Actually @JustJazzmom, I do think it could be altered.  The trick will be working around the buttonhole and buttons. Just chopping it off will leave the last buttonhole too close to the bottom of the jacket I think making it look like you did just that!  What I think would work is going up to the second to last buttonhole and reusing the cut off portion as a "band" so to speak. Do you see what I see?  Depending on the price I might consider doing just that. A beautiful seaming tape could be used to finish off the newly created seam so it looked intentional.  Hmmm... If you have a good seamstress you could order, take it in and get a professional opinion.  The worst is that it shouldn't be done and you'd have to return.  What are your thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Rochelle,

Your comments were beautiful. I couldn't agree more. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Berlybaby

You are very gracious. I humbly thank you for your kind comments. 

Respected Contributor

Rochelle, you are very generous. Thank you.

Yiddish doesn't translate very well.

My mother did get off the boat when she was ten. But she was beautifully dressed because a wealthy aunt  had custom clothes made for her voyage.

JJM:I had an aunt who was so well groomed and dressed  that she tricked you into thinking she was beautiful. She taught me about "the dressmaker." That's how I learned about having shoulder pads put in.

I'm 5,1" but can't wear petites because I'm very long waisted. I have simple things shortened at the dry cleaners but for more complicated things I go to "the dressmaker."

Just ask what the cost is. I had sleeves shortened on one of Louis' lined jackets. Because I had her move the tab on the sleeve it was fifty bucks. I picked up a trench on sale; no tab so it will probably be twenty five.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Berlybaby wrote:

Rochelle,

Your comments were beautiful. I couldn't agree more. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Totally agree. Very kind & sweet, @rochelleS

Honored Contributor

@anniebethsmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Does anyone think that the swing jacket could be shortened a little without destroying the lines for us Lineaputians? 

32” I feel is a little like a coat size length for a jacket. 

Actually @JustJazzmom, I do think it could be altered.  The trick will be working around the buttonhole and buttons. Just chopping it off will leave the last buttonhole too close to the bottom of the jacket I think making it look like you did just that!  What I think would work is going up to the second to last buttonhole and reusing the cut off portion as a "band" so to speak. Do you see what I see?  Depending on the price I might consider doing just that. A beautiful seaming tape could be used to finish off the newly created seam so it looked intentional.  Hmmm... If you have a good seamstress you could order, take it in and get a professional opinion.  The worst is that it shouldn't be done and you'd have to return.  What are your thoughts?

I need to see a close up to determine what can be done. I was thinking of shortening it about 4”

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼