Respected Contributor

Re: NEW! A ‘HOLIDAY’ SWING JACKET!

[ Edited ]

I think it's stunning. I'd also like to see this fabric in a midi version--maybe a trench.

Loving the new seedbeads in red and amber. Heart

Thanks for posting @Seka

Valued Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@SahmIam

While I trust LDO's taste and aesthetic, I have to admit this is a bit Mother of the Bride for me. I'll probably change my mind once I see it all styled. I have yet to be able to say no to anything in the red!

Thank you for saying that since that was my first thought too! LOL  Because I AM going to be the Mother of the Bride next October & I think this would be the perfect jacket to wear over something dressy.  My daughter wants fall colors & I have been thinking of wearing something gold.  I just don't know if I should get alabaster or black...but even the red might work too!

Respected Contributor

Stunning but I'm just too short and curvy. I'd look like I ''just got off the boat," to quote my late mother.

Thank goodness. I'm watching my pennies and did weaken this fall.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Stunning but I'm just too short and curvy. I'd look like I ''just got off the boat," to quote my late mother.

Thank goodness. I'm watching my pennies and did weaken this fall.

@lavendar

Too funny. My late mother would say that, too.

Respected Contributor

Funny, I didn't see it as MOB. I used to buy clothes from a designer named Zoran at Saks 5th Ave. He did all of these easy shapes in silks, satins and shantung, and would show them over skinny pants. I think he was ahead of his time. I think it depends how you wear it and with what.

Esteemed Contributor

@tipsy

Perfect choice. 

I'll probably end up caving and ordering the black. It will likely look great over the black sequin skirt of the past.

Very Carolina Herrera look!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1

I meant no disrespect to LDO and I hope those who like it, buy it!

I have three pieces of Zoran. They're at least 25 years old. Black silk velvet. I still wear them.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't know about this.... depending on the amount of "swing", it can very easily look like  a maternity top. Also, sometimes extra fabric doesn't make you look slimmer but actually larger than you already are; especially if you carry your weight in the middle (Apple). 

LOVE the fabric and the colors. I'll have to see this in motion on the larger models (a size 2 on a 5'10 model is going to look great no matter what).

As an over shirt, I would love it but only if it was a slimmer cut. We'll see.

Thank you for posting this!!

@Seka  Is there a way to join his blog/site? THere's a place for members to sign in but I couldn't find a place to join. TIA

@SahmIam -  Technically you don’t have to ‘join’ - just set up to Reply - as follows:

Go to the bottom of the page where you will see this:

Leave a Reply

If you are posting for the first time - you will need to set up your name - you can use your Nickname from the Q or you real name - and you will also need to provide an email address which is not made public. Just below Leave a Reply - where it says Welcome is where you do this.

You then type your message in the 'boxed in' area provided. Before you ‘submit’ make sure you type in the Captcha Code which will change every time you or anyone posts.

There is also an Ask Louis tab - where you can ask questions or leave comments in general as well. Same process - click on Ask Louis - go to the bottom of the page until you see the 'Leave a Reply’ area and post your message - enter the Captcha Code and click on ‘submit'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Seka! Another beauty from Louis, I’ll probably order the black.

Esteemed Contributor

So this is our Holiday Surprise. A beauty at that too.

I have absolutely no doubt this will be stunning on. Flattering , chic and stylish. The drape or cones, as Louis described will tmake this another eye catching addition to your wardrobe. Maternity? Mumsy? No, absolutely not! The way Louis has always designed to flatter our bodies, I'm betting you'll look like you stepped off a runway. Not a boat. 

Sorry @lavendar, no offense. JMO and I hope we'll see this on a small model or host.

I love this look! I can see it in a longer length too.