Contributor

Re: LINEA 'In Process' for 10 days & counting...

I just called CS since my Linea pebble crepe tunic still has not shipped.  Ordered 5/8/19.  The rep said they are having problems(backup) at one of their warehouses.  I asked which....she said "California".  No projected date given for delivery.  She said she would send something to see if it could be hurried along.  This isn't the only item of clothing that I have ordered lately that seems to be taking SO long to get to me. 

Frequent Contributor

I placed an order on May 7th and it is still "in process" for the super ponte skirt in ivory.  It has an estimated delivery of May 16. I can't understand why an item that has been availble since January is taking this long for QVC to process the order. I placed an order last night for the new lace top and matching tank. Those might arrive before the ponte skirt does. Their ordering/shipping process is such a mystery to me. One would think as long as QVC has been in business order processing and shipping would not be such an issue.

Occasional Contributor

Many of these issues are long-standing ones, and why its easier to return items to HSN. Sent two orders back at post office on same day, two to HSN, one to QVC. The HSN orders (which had two different items in one of the packages), was credited to my account within five days: I am still waiting for the one QVC item to be credited, or even acknowledged that the item has arrived. Bad business.

I too order less, and less. There should be an option to bundle your items for a flat rate shipping. There is real, significnat money being made by QVC on "shipping" costs. We all know that it does not cost QVC the same as you or I walking into UPS or USPS to mail anything. 

These shopping channels will never change, because they know we will continue to buy because of easy/flex pay, and these hosts are really good at selling you a story and an idea, convincing you that you have to have it. Even if we can find the item cheaper elsewhere, with free shipping.

Occasional Contributor

Trade tariffs between US and China have slowed deliveries for many products made in China. My thinking is that this delay will continue so long as the current regime is in power. Many items of clothing sold everywhere, including QVC, are made in China.

Valued Contributor

@Menah wrote:

Trade tariffs between US and China have slowed deliveries for many products made in China. My thinking is that this delay will continue so long as the current regime is in power. Many items of clothing sold everywhere, including QVC, are made in China.

that has nothing to do with the slow shipping of an item that has been on the air and sold to the customer.  In the past items were not shipped from CA.  To ship from CA to the east coast takes much longer.  When a Linea item ships from PA to the east east coast I receive it within 3 to 5 days. I just checked my recent Linea orders and those that came from PA were received timely.  A recent order of mine from CA took 11 days.  

Valued Contributor

Tariffs or not, it's QVC that has the problem.  Other businesses manage to get their shipments out just fine. The last 2 orders I placed at the Vermont Country Store my orders were shipped the next day.

Like a lot of other people here, I have 2 orders "In Process" for a week now.  Two Linea pebble crepe tunics. And if they are coming from the CA warehouse it would probably be faster for me to just drive to wherever that is since I am in CA!

I'm fed up with QVC, but that's OK because I need to cut back on my buying...this will be it for a while.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Linea orders that were from May 7 were shipped today, May 15th.  They were "in processing" for that entire time, so it isn't the actual shipping time that is so prolonged, it's getting it out of the warehouse that takes a ridiculous amount of time.  

Am hoping I get the correct items this time too.  I do hate all this inconvenience but will go the extra mile to get Linea fashion!

ETA:  Well my items shipped yesterday, the 15th, and I checked this a.m. and they are being delivered today by UPS!!  

It would seem someone put a red alert out to get these things delivered as fast as possible.  Never have I seen overnight shipping, gasp, on regular orders, but am looking forward to my new tops today.

Respected Contributor

The turquoise shantung jacket finally shipped, so I'm hoping I'll get the right size this time (size 6, not size 22W).

I bought a Chico's jacket to wear to the event tonight, but I thought I probably wouldn't wear it again (too fancy).  So I wore the Perfectly Pink Linea sweater set with the lace sleeves.  That worked out perfectly, and I had many compliments.  So, I'm returning the Chico's jacket.

Occasional Contributor

I have noticed a change in service.  In the past when returning an item, the label was "read" and an email was sent referencing the return.  Recently, I waited and waited for some sort of communication and because I had made a copy of the return label, I went to NEWGISTICS. com, finally after a couple weeks.  They showed it to be in Ontario CA.  Happy to know, as I actually thought it lost in the mail.....even went to the PO to request it be tracked.  (They refused, saying it had not been long enough).  My past experience thought otherwise.  The wait was not over!  It took a phone call to Cust. Serv. to get satisfaction.   Then when an email came finally, it showed a return of ONLY one of the items in the box!  My order page still shows "shipped" (not "returned") for the two items, so another call to Cust. Service as I want the return items off my bill.  

And have you noticed?  You can no longer track your orders?  I hope QVC is listening.  The customers of some time, who know what it WAS like, can compare, and hopefully give pushback.

Respected Contributor

I finally received my second order of the turquoise shantung jacket in my correct size (6). I received the first jacket in size 22W and returned it.  I'll have to check to make sure I get a full refund.

I tried on the turquoise shantung jacket, and I like it a lot.  I only wish I had received it to wear to my event last Friday.