Respected Contributor

Re: Hoop Earrings arrived! My review....

The comedy of errors continues...I received another pair of exotic earrings after the first mixup, expecting the pierced version I originally ordered. Nope. Another pair of clip-ons! LOL. 

The pierced are now sold out, so I will keep one pair of clip ons, as the universe apparently wants me to own. Going with the flow here Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Grace,

I think you will be fine with the clip-ons.  I'm happy with mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

How do the clips feel on? I have a few vintage clips but always buy pierced. TIA

Valued Contributor

GraceCo, I feel your pain and applaud your philosophical view Smiley Happy  Might as well enjoy some peace during the coming holiday season.  The up and down experiences with these two earring sets have made for interesting reading.  And yet the IDEA was such a great one on Louis's part.  Have the Classic set but of the 4 pairs, 3 pairs grip the air lobe properly and 1 pair are much looser.  You can even see the gap difference if you compare with the other 3 pairs.  I'll be nervous as I wear the looser pair.  I hate to take this risk twice.  If I can figure out how to get this one pair to grip more securely I may think differently about my risk tolerance level Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sorry you got the clips set again @GraceCO

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO

How do the clips feel on? I have a few vintage clips but always buy pierced. TIA

@rochelleS I like them a lot. Wore them all day long and I could barely feel them on. They didn't move around either, or pinch at all, at least with the gunmetal pair.

@golding76 It's true--I am A-OK with them. Blessing in disguise methinks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl wrote:

GraceCo, I feel your pain and applaud your philosophical view Smiley Happy  Might as well enjoy some peace during the coming holiday season.  The up and down experiences with these two earring sets have made for interesting reading.  And yet the IDEA was such a great one on Louis's part.  Have the Classic set but of the 4 pairs, 3 pairs grip the air lobe properly and 1 pair are much looser.  You can even see the gap difference if you compare with the other 3 pairs.  I'll be nervous as I wear the looser pair.  I hate to take this risk twice.  If I can figure out how to get this one pair to grip more securely I may think differently about my risk tolerance level Smiley Happy

@TheOwl Thank you for the kind words. In a world filled with a lot of awful these days, stressing over the small stuff of earring mixups seems so self-indulgent. I'm slowly evolving to being more zen, but old habits die hard. I do look forward to peace over the holidays, as we all deserve.

Although a wonderful idea, these earrings have been something else. So many didn't get complete sets and sorry to hear you've gotten a defective grip. Maybe a jeweler can tighten it? I agree it's too risky to place another order now, because inventory is dwinding, the holiday rush is on at QVC & you may wind up with a blender instead!

I hope you can get your earring fixed easily. Have a wonderful holiday!

Respected Contributor

I have non-pierced ears, don't wear earrings often but do have a huge collection over the years of clip earrings, including Linea and Judith Ripka that are gorgeous.  Now that I am retired I feel over-dressed with earrings, but love necklaces and rings; go figure.

If an earring isn't quite "grippy" enough there are little caps of soft silicone like material you can get at craft stores that sell jewelry findings, JoAnn Fabrics, Michael's, etc.  They slip on the clip portion of the earring.

They keep the earring on beautifully and don't pinch at all.  I use them for some of the heavier Linea clips, like the palm leaf ones.  I've never lost one or had it come off.  I also add them to some of my Judith Ripka ones "just in case" and to make them fit a bit tighter with no pain at all.

In a pinch you can get some Moleskin in the foot care department at the drugstore and cut small pieces to adhere to the back of the clip portion; works the same way, great way to have super comfy and secure clip earrings.

HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

I so appreciate your reply. Stating that the clips were comfortable and you'd worn them securely all day encouraged me to go back and reorder the Exotic clips as soon as I saw your comments. I now look forward to giving these a go. Thanks so very much to both you and @golding76 for the positive feedback! ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

@author wrote:

I have non-pierced ears, don't wear earrings often but do have a huge collection over the years of clip earrings, including Linea and Judith Ripka that are gorgeous.  Now that I am retired I feel over-dressed with earrings, but love necklaces and rings; go figure.

If an earring isn't quite "grippy" enough there are little caps of soft silicone like material you can get at craft stores that sell jewelry findings, JoAnn Fabrics, Michael's, etc.  They slip on the clip portion of the earring.

They keep the earring on beautifully and don't pinch at all.  I use them for some of the heavier Linea clips, like the palm leaf ones.  I've never lost one or had it come off.  I also add them to some of my Judith Ripka ones "just in case" and to make them fit a bit tighter with no pain at all.

In a pinch you can get some Moleskin in the foot care department at the drugstore and cut small pieces to adhere to the back of the clip portion; works the same way, great way to have super comfy and secure clip earrings.

HTH!

@author

Thank you very much for the "clip tips!" I seem to have a biting experience when I've worn clip earrings. It doesn't take long before it's quite uncomfortable. Now I'll take another look and see if some kind of update or modification can alleviate the discomfort. ♡♡♡