Honored Contributor

Hoop Earrings arrived! My review....

Received the Classic and the Exotic.

Classic: Love. Classic look; the gold pair is going to my MIL. Hoop is large enough to be seen but not over the top for those who don't care for the "big hoop" look. I do feel them weight-wise which means I must be wearing very light-weight earrings most of the time.

Exotic: Going back. I received another pair of basic black hoops in this set instead of the hematite; I can see why because the black is a deep, shiny color which just about matches my hematite Linea necklaces.  In addition, I don't care for the look of the other earrings in the set; they look tarnished not exotic or brushed. Disappointed.

Worth the money, especially if you're breaking them up into separate gifts. The box is black with no Linea anything on the outside and the little mesh black bags are elegant. Well done, Louis!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hoop Earrings arrived! My review....

Thanks for the reviews!  I've been on the fence with both sets only because of the colors in each group.  I already have the chocolate and gunmental that Louis did a while back and I don't need anymore silver or gold earrings, I guess in short I would be buying the same colors I already have so I guess I will pass on these.

Honored Contributor

I have very short hair and like bigger hoops.  I would like the black ones but I have plenty of gold and silver hoops so I don't need those.  I will pass also.

Contributor

I also received both, but the classic set was missing the chocolate (of course the color I wanted the most), and I received two pairs of the shiny black.   And, in the exotic, I also did not receive the hematite, but the shiny black instead.  So, now I have three pairs of shiny black between the two sets, and no chocolate and no hematite.  Both have to go back and I am afraid to reorder since both sets were not correct.  I did like the style so very much - perfect, but must return, so very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Received my order today, too, and it was also messed up.  I ordered one classic set and one exotic set.  Received two classic sets, even though the paperwork with the second set said "exotic."  Called CS and was assisted by a very nice man who re-ordered the exotic immediately without waiting to receive my return.  I will send it back tomorrow and hopefully an exotic will be on its way, but I'll believe it when I see it at this point. 

Aside from the lousy order fulfillment, I like these hoops.  They are a good size for me and are well made - definitely not flimsy or cheap looking.  They are a bit on the heavy side, which may bother some ladies.  I'm looking forward to seeing the exotic finish set.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I hope when my Exotic set arrive, there are no problems! Eek!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Exotic set arrived in a box & all 4 earrings were individually wrapped in paper & inside a separate black organza knapsack. Then all 4 were inside a plain black box! The Linea by Louis Dell’Olio name is not there anywhere on the box or even the item number on the bottom of that black box. 

I can easily see how there might be mistakes in various colors of earrings in people’s boxes. There is no indication of the color earring anywhere inside that organza bag. 

I think mine are correct. I compared the brass ox one to the Inca paddle earrings. They look similar.

I hope the Classic when it becomes es available is not next to the Exotic set in the warehouse.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I received my earrings today and thankfully everything was there. I think you should let Louis know what happened. Maybe he can do something for you. It's worth asking. He has come through for so many of us with different problems.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom I think the black box is for the holiday...yes? I think it looks elegant but you're absolutely right there is NO way to tell which is which between the two sets or between the different pairs of earrings in each set unless you open them up.

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My Exotic set arrived in a box & all 4 earrings were individually wrapped in paper & inside a separate black organza knapsack. Then all 4 were inside a plain black box! The Linea by Louis Dell’Olio name is not there anywhere on the box or even the item number on the bottom of that black box. 

I can easily see how there might be mistakes in various colors of earrings in people’s boxes. There is no indication of the color earring anywhere inside that organza bag. 

I think mine are correct. I compared the brass ox one to the Inca paddle earrings. They look similar.

I hope the Classic when it becomes es available is not next to the Exotic set in the warehouse.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were.  Remember, I received two boxes of classic instead of one classic and one exotic.  The paperwork said EXOTIC but the earrings inside were the classic set.  it was easy to compare since I had ordered one of each. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett