Respected Contributor

Re: Dear Louis, How About a Dress Like This?

@golding76  I think a Louis Dell’Olio version of this Dress would be spectacular!

Respected Contributor

Goldie, I understand exactly what your saying, and I think a Louis version would be very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Seka and Marilyn.

If anyone could create a restrained but spectacular version of this dress, it would be Louis.  No other. 

It has his markings on it already. 

Frequent Contributor

i love the idea of Louis doing a dress like this for us.  Thanks for posting it.

Honored Contributor

How can you find out who did the original dress that KZJ is wearing.  I love it!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ask Lolokimono (how does she spell her name?) whose dress this is.  Believe me, if I could knock off a couple decades, I'd buy it -- as it is.

She finds out everything.

Found Lola under "Fashion" forum:  She spells her name lolakimono

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 

I totally get what you're suggesting here with this gorgeous dress as inspiration. Only Catherine Zeta-Jones would think of selecting THIS dress for a tennis match and be able to pull off that look! lol. More suitable, as you suggest, for Capri. But, she certainly knows her brand and how to make a statement!

If Louis did a wrap dress in a solid or a print like this one (and make it a midi) it would be spectacular. That style of dress looks fabulous on every body type. LOVE your idea. Hope Louis considers it! And, if he does, he should name it "The Goldie" Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found the designer - CAMILLA

Be bold like Catherine wearing a floral Camilla dress

$272

Camilla embellished printed maxi dress

Shop it at NET-A-PORTER now!

Buy now

Most dress in their ‘Wimbledon Whites’ to attend tennis, not Catherine Zeta Jones though!

Going for bold, Catherine opted for a bright blue floral number by Camilla, a brand we first spotted on Beyonce last year, and have seen on everyone from Hailey Baldwin to Vanessa Hudgens, since.

We love the wrap style, vibrant ‘Playing Koi’ motif, fluted cuffs and embroidered neckline. Catherine’s teamed hers with white heel sandals and a black wide brim hat for her day out at Wimbledon but we think it will look just as good with a pair of flip flops for the beach.

Click (right) to shop it now, but be warned, it will set you back $272!

Want the look for less? Then head to the edit below to find the best of the rest from Saloni, Diane Von Furstenberg, Majorelle and Isabel Marant Étoile.

Fashion Designer Camilla Franks

Image result for camilla fashion designer

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Grace.  Well, I got a giggle out of naming it the "Goldie."

I love your stated modifications.

Perhaps he could call it the "Gold Catherine."

Honored Contributor

You know, Grace, we both mentioned Capri as an appropriate locale for this dress.  

So, if a modified version is created and sold, perhaps "The Capri" 

would be an appropriate name.

This dress would be divine for summers anywhere with a midi length and more modest bodice area.  My dear, but I do love it.

I'd buy it in several color combinations, to tell the truth.