Respected Contributor
If you could only have one coin necklace, which would you choose. And if you could have two, which would you pick?

I have all three on check hold, in addition to some other Linea jewelry pieces and am trying to whittle down my list. I need to decide before my order is canceled. This is so hard!!

Note: I have the Ambra Trevi necklace on hold, but didn’t get the earrings in time. Am afraid to let that necklace go since there are none left. But am also considering getting it in red or green so I can get the matching earrings.
Honored Contributor

I liked the length of both the necklace & earrings from the Trevi set.

I wasn’t interested in the Amalfi one because it had multicolored beads on it. If it had all the same color beads, I would have considered it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Which coin piece(s)?

[ Edited ]

Louis has said that everything has been reordered, so you have time to think about this, if you choose. I know that the ambra choice was madly popular, but having now seen it on the models, as well as some of the other choices, does it still knock your socks off? I bought all the necklaces, as well as the earrings, including 2 pairs of the Trevis, in both carmine and verdi; the ambra didn't attract me at all, and this is why: it is so pale, that I knew it wouldn't have any presence or give any distinction to the coins, nor show up well against my skin color. IMO; others, obviously, will feel differently. The carmine (my choice) is beautiful, and as a stand alone piece that one can easily wear every day as a signature piece (which is why I would choose this necklace if I had to choose only one w/the earrings) will look well with so many colors you might wear: neutrals of all kinds that LDO specializes in, as well as some of his prints. I also got the earrings in verdi because I love the combination of green and gold and wanted a different look for a change with the Amalfi chain, but also as stand alone earrings. I hope this helps you, but you do have time to think about what you really want. No worries.

Respected Contributor

The way Louis described this Roman Coin Collection, I knew the design and quality would be extraordinary.  I loved the Amalfi because of the length - you can also double it - and I liked the different coloured beads.  And I loved the Trevi (ordered Black) because of the three Coins.  I then had to have the Clip Earrings (I don’t wear pierced).  

I ordered all three pieces at the same time.  

Honored Contributor

Here is how I intend to wear the Trevi Ambria set— 

I like to mix lights & darks so the Ambria will work with black tops, celadon tops (those summer tunic tops from a few years ago), the sangria tops & that dark chocolate top coming.

It’s like a house with darker siding & if you want to emphasize the windows, you go with a lighter shutter.

HTH.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

If I could only have two pieces of the Coin Collection, I would go with the Amalfi and the Roma clip earrings! It's a stunning look. If I have to limit to four pieces, I would add the Carmine Trevi necklace and the Carmine Trevi earrings. The Carmoine is real Carnelian and the beads are beautiful. Can be worn with just about any color--blacks, greys, greens, ivory, white, navy, green, browns, golds and the right shade of red!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor
Thank you ALL for your input! You’ve given me a lot to think about. As much as I like the neutrality of the ambra, I am rather fair so wondered if it’d look blah against my skin. The carmine could go with several colors and I could get the matching earrings now...hmmmm.

I appreciate everyone’s help! Sometimes I wish we didn’t have so many choices and that Louis wouldn’t come out with so many must-haves at once. LOL
Respected Contributor

Re: Which coin piece(s)?

[ Edited ]

Dear morewineplease, I wouldn't wait too long to decide. The last time I looked the only colors left in the Trevi earring was the red and the green. Tomorrow it may be one or none. I wouldn't wait for a reorder which could take months. In the mean time you will get months of wear and enjoyment. The Carmine red is beautiful and so is the verde which I'm sure is Jade.

Respected Contributor
@Marlyn1

Well, I read your post, went to look and the red earring is gone. Figures...
Valued Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Dear morewineplease, I wouldn't wait too long to decide. The last time I looked the only colors left in the Trevi earring was the red and the green. Tomorrow it may be one or none. I wouldn't wait for a reorder which could take months. In the mean time you will get months of wear and enjoyment. The Carmine red is beautiful and so is the verde which I'm sure is Jade.

Marilyn, I really don't think the verde is jade, I think it might be green agate. I have a lot  of jade of various shades, bought those earrings in the verde, & one of the beads is a clear green with some striping, which I've never seen in jade, which is an opaque stone. Agate, however, does often have that striping. The red is carnelian, as LDO revealed when I accidentally brought it up in conversation on his blog. Either way, they're both beautiful choices.