Valued Contributor

I will miss the Linea shows, he was a true designer and it was evident in everything he did.  I first bought the leather jacket with the sweater sleeves, then one day I saw his first print maxi dresses.  Oh my gosh, I fell in love with them and have every color.  Then, his floral print maxi dresses with the gathered neckline and sleeves, I have all those colors as well.  Then, his tie dye maxis, again every color.  His dresses fit me like a dream.  I bought the tie dye cardigans in 3 colors, then those ponte jackets with the little peplum that was a TSV,  and then once he presented the snap front hoodies, again I bought every color.  I'm one of those when I find something that fits, I have to have every color.  Even tho I didn't buy continuously, when I found something that fit me and fit my lifestyle, I bought them all.  No one at the Q, in my opinion, had or has that perfect attention to detail like Louis did.  His appearances presenting his fashions were an event, I will miss them. 

Respected Contributor

Louis is such an elegant and timeless designer. I will miss his shows as I feel there is no one on the Q that can touch him. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry......but I cried.   The more I read,  the harder it was to not get emotional.  I will so miss the Linea line of fashion for those of us who want to look totally put together even if we are just going to the supermarket, the pharmacy, the doctor's, etc.   I remember years ago  having a Linea outfit on when I went to my dentist.  He complemented me on how I looked and said "But I know you wouldn't dream of going out in public without looking nice, would you?"    Of course, I wouldn't.  That's what  makes  "Linea ladies".  We knew what we liked and we knew Louis made us look better.  We take pride in our appearance,  and we could count on Louis 100%......he wanted us to look nice  It is a sad day for us because QVC has decided to make this awful decision.  THANK YOU LOUIS FOR YEARS OF QUALITY,  CLASS, TIMELESS DESIGNS, AND BEAUTIFUL CLOTHING AND JEWELRY!!!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Mobaby65 

Thank you for posting.  I looked for this post on Louis' blog site but didn't find it.  

@Justice4all 

You're not seeing it because that letter was from a while back.  And I don't think he intended for it to be posted in full on this board.  In the past he has asked for us not to copy and paste things from his blog to this board, but the OP probably didn't realize that.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
New Contributor

It breaks my heart to say goodbye to Louis on QVC.  Over the years I have purchased many LDO  pieces but the value of having this accomplished gentleman share his fashion  knowledge on the live appearances was priceless.  He is as classy in his letter to us as he is sincere in his dedication to fine quality and lasting designs.  Wishing you well Louis and thank you for bringing your expertise to QVC.   So many will miss you.

Spoiler

Frequent Contributor

My dearest Louis,

I have been in and out of the hospital and physical rehab hospital lately, so I hadn't seen this post until now. I am so sad that QVC has made a very unpopular decision about your Linea line. I have been purchasing your clothes since the very beginning, starting with the twinsets trimmed in sequins.....all of which I still have and wear. For me, your designs have always been timeless, classic, and well made. As the years have gone by, I have learned to buy multiples of the same item, as I wear them so often. Many things I own can be worn just as easily with jeans as they can with a formal skirt, and anything in between.Thank you for the uncompromising quality and design you have provided to us.

No one else even comes close.

i also want you to know that I will continue to communicate with you for as long as you allow me the honor and priveledge. You have always shown your Linea ladies how much you care about us.... what we want, like or need. You have become our friend over the years. You have educated us and kept us informed. Thank you.

I am so glad that my closet is full of your lovely designs and jewelry. They will last forever, and I always feel that each piece is like a little piece of your talent gifted to us to enjoy and treasure. Thank you for designing not only for the "regular" size range, but for us plus sized girls as well. It has always been so hard to find good quality, reasonably priced, timeless clothing in my size (2X/3X) and style. Without you, I don't know what I will do! Perhaps another company will be wise enough to have you design for them, much like a great TV show moves to another channel and its ratings are even better than before! 

Louis, wishing you all the best no matter what the future brings. I remain a loyal and devoted customer and friend .......Sincerely, Gigi

Honored Contributor

@ghb - That is a really sweet heartfelt letter. I hope somehow Louis sees it.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this letter. I just found out that Louis is no longer with QVC! Then I started reading the message boards, and everyone was talking about "the letter". I went to his Blog, but I couldn't find it, so thank you so much for posting it! Can you tell me WHERE on the blog this letter is? Is it in the month of Feb.? I think I looked in Dec. and Jan. but couldn't find it.

I'm sad. Louis is such a good designer. I just heard of him a few years ago. I bought several of his pieces and they are beautiful and well made. I loved checking the QVC website to see his newest offerings. Then lately, I didn't see any new designs, so I wondered, WHAT is going on? Is Louis leaving QVC? I'm sad to hear that he is leaving. He and Isaac are my favorite designers at QVC. It just won't be the same without him.  He seems like a really kind man. 

Respected Contributor

December 11- A letter to my dear friends. The 2nd paragraph down I believe.

New Contributor

Thank you so much!