Super Contributor

Re: Shipping and Return Processing

I agree. I don't use the return labels and package 5-6 items at a time but I do add the extra insurance. If one package got lost, that would be quite a chunk of change to cover but if you factor how much extra you pay, it might even out.
Super Contributor

I wanted to give an update for this discussion.  As I mentioned above - when I send my returns back, I package normally 4-6 items in one box or bag and pay for the shipping and insure for the total of the amount for the items enclosed.  I put all my return slips together in the box so they are easy to find.

This past week I got notices for my returns for the last batch that I sent in and 3 of the items I had enclosed were not showing returned.  I just got off the phone with customer service who corrected the issue and were very kind while doing so.  While we were discussing these returns - I quizzed her about using the QVC return label for several items and asked her how that would be handled on their end for the amount deducted for return postage.  She stated that I would only be charged for the ONE return label ($6.95) and nothing would be deducted from the other items in the package.  I asked her what would happen if for some reason this shipment went missing or was mishandled on their end and she suggested that when I send a package of returns back with multiple items to call into customer service and list the items that were being returned in the package and they would make note just in case there were problems.

Obviously I haven't tried this yet to know for sure if this is accurate but I plan to try it in the next few weeks - I have 2 items waiting to be returned until I get enough to package together.  Just wanted to give an update because I know this will save me lots of money and I know I was one of the people in this discussion that had been misinformed in the past or had had deductions that I should not have had for packaging multiple items.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS  I'm not so sure that we were misinformed in the past, but rather QVC changed its policy. I'm positive the return label instructions stated somewhere that the return label could only be used for the specific item it was attached to, and any other items enclosed would incur a separate charge.  As I say, maybe this policy changed over the years.

Valued Contributor

I'm just venting tonight, but I checked the tracking on three items I purchased a while ago and, lucky me, they were shipped using the FedEx Smartpost service...figures!  The order dates were May 5th and May 6th for all three items. I still don't have them and today is May 17th!  Tracking states they are in my city finally, but that all three packages have been in various cities in my state for the past 5 DAYS!  Are you kidding me?!  I used to be frustrated when the norm for my package delivery was 10 days, but now it seems the "new normal" is two weeks to get my stuff!  I guess if I don't like it, I should stop shopping with the Q, but jeez, QVC....how about some better customer service for the loyal decades-long frequent shopping customers?  I know QVC doesn't control the speed in which delivery services deliver once it is out of their hands, but maybe using a carrier that moves quicker would help keep customers happy?  I could have driven across country and picked up my packages in person and driven back home across country before I get them through the Smartpost service!  Okay....I'm done ranting and raving.  I feel much better now!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@AZ girl wrote:

I'm just venting tonight, but I checked the tracking on three items I purchased a while ago and, lucky me, they were shipped using the FedEx Smartpost service...figures!  The order dates were May 5th and May 6th for all three items. I still don't have them and today is May 17th!  Tracking states they are in my city finally, but that all three packages have been in various cities in my state for the past 5 DAYS!  Are you kidding me?!  I used to be frustrated when the norm for my package delivery was 10 days, but now it seems the "new normal" is two weeks to get my stuff!  I guess if I don't like it, I should stop shopping with the Q, but jeez, QVC....how about some better customer service for the loyal decades-long frequent shopping customers?  I know QVC doesn't control the speed in which delivery services deliver once it is out of their hands, but maybe using a carrier that moves quicker would help keep customers happy?  I could have driven across country and picked up my packages in person and driven back home across country before I get them through the Smartpost service!  Okay....I'm done ranting and raving.  I feel much better now!  LOL

@AZ girl  It happened when we got the $3.00 shipping - the service got slow as molasses. It has nothing to do with being a loyal customer or not.  They are shipping on the super cheap now and  you get what you pay for.

Valued Contributor

Good point, @Pearley!  Definitely getting what we pay for in regards to shipping.  Smiley Sad

Contributor

Just read this post, very informative. I have been foolishly sending things back one at a time because I don't want to forget about them. (Not that I send too many things back but that is only because I am gunshy on shoes and any iffy looking clothing. If the return times and fees were better I would try more things. Example Lori's shoes which are so cute but I'm super picky and who wants to pay ten bucks or more to try on shoes?

I wish they would at least wave shipping fees when we spend over 100 bucks like most online retailers do. I also have Amazon prime and you get spoiled for sure. 

Thanks for the tips and rants everyone.