Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping and Return Processing

@divine  The UPS stores charge more than the UPS location (their surcharge) and also you can't list out all the items in the box, as I can at the UPS facility.  For me those are the two drawbacks to the stores, but I don't live that far from the facility that it's not do-able.  

Respected Contributor

@violet runner. Regarding the time it takes for an order to ship...my last few orders have remained "in process" for nearly a week, before shipping.  I have actually cancelled items a week after orderin (the boho cardigan).  In the past, my orders always shipped and arrived to me within 4 days...now it's taking at least 10 days or more.  Also, everything is arriving through the mail, when they use to come via UPS.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@violet runner. Regarding the time it takes for an order to ship...my last few orders have remained "in process" for nearly a week, before shipping.  I have actually cancelled items a week after orderin (the boho cardigan).  In the past, my orders always shipped and arrived to me within 4 days...now it's taking at least 10 days or more.  Also, everything is arriving through the mail, when they use to come via UPS.

@Trudey At least in that case, the show shipping was doing you a favor!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My orders are taking a long time to ship too. Almost everything is being sent US mail, and takes at least 10 days to reach me. 

Regarding returns, I sent back quite a few Logo tops that I bought over the holidays, and never wore. I put them all in one box, used a QVC return label, and included the return labels inside in one envelope. Everything was credited back to me within two weeks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got back from UPS where I mailed back clothing  for a little over $1 a piece.  One of them was Boho Chic!  Smiley Happy  

Super Contributor

@Pearlee - What do you do about insurance for those items?  I think UPS has a base insurance that you automatically get but do you insure all your pieces for their total value?  That's the killer that I run in to when sending items back.  I, like you, wait until I have 5-6 items and then send them back at once.

Honored Contributor

@KimSKS  UPS insures for $100 - you can buy additional insurance which I don't.  I make sure I use strong enough boxes and I tape very securely..  I"m very careful about my packaging.   Knock on wood I've never had a problem.

Super Contributor

Ok. I wondered how you were mailing things back so cheaply so the no extra insurance explains it. Glad you've had no problems
Trusted Contributor

I even added extra insurance when I mailed back the boho chic top. @Pearlee, you are lucky not to have any problems. I have a couple of things lost.
I think it was$1.60 for an additional $50 on that top alone. When you send that much back have you ever gotten the dreaded return too much letter? Or don't they do that anymore?
Honored Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:
Ok. I wondered how you were mailing things back so cheaply so the no extra insurance explains it. Glad you've had no problems

@KimSKS  It's probably still much more economical than Q's return labels, even adding in extra insurance if you want.   Those return labels are just too expensive.