Honored Contributor

@drizzellla ----I am trying very hard to stay put and not do anything that will further damage my ankle---it has been a wild trip having to stay in a wheelchair and not do much--not used to that--but i can get around and do a few normal things---did some laundry yesterday--had to think about HOW to do it, but got a few loads done. I have my DD with me so she helps out. And the biggest triumph is being able to shower now---HURRAY!!!Woman LOL dr maybe a little skepical about me being able to recover--I am 68 after all--and apparently that is ancient  for being able to recover---but we will see---love proving these drs wrong!!Woman Wink thanks for the kind thoughts!!

Honored Contributor

Am very happy to report---my new anchor hocking measuring cups, 1, 2, and 4 cup, ---pour without a drip!!!!  All my new stainless magnetic measuring spoons stay together and have used the 1/4 tsp with wild abandon---Woman Very Happy I just need the smallest things to make me happy Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: when enough is enough

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

@drizzellla ----I am trying very hard to stay put and not do anything that will further damage my ankle---it has been a wild trip having to stay in a wheelchair and not do much--not used to that--but i can get around and do a few normal things---did some laundry yesterday--had to think about HOW to do it, but got a few loads done. I have my DD with me so she helps out. And the biggest triumph is being able to shower now---HURRAY!!!Woman LOL dr maybe a little skepical about me being able to recover--I am 68 after all--and apparently that is ancient  for being able to recover---but we will see---love proving these drs wrong!!Woman Wink thanks for the kind thoughts!!

OH @wagirl you bring back memories.

When my son was about 12 he started on a roller hockey team. My husband decided to roller skate practice with him. WELL - my husband fell and he broke his ankle.

Everyone said he was too old to be roller skating.

The hardest thing for him was taking a shower. He would wrap a kitchen trash bag around his cast. It took a try or two before he got the duck tape tight enough. Our bathroom was funny looking with the trash bags and duck tape. But he was so happy the first time he got to take a shower and his cast was dry.

Happy you were successful. You seem to be adjusting well. Good for you. Now hope you heal that ankle. Please take care and be careful we want you healed so the ankle will work well for many years to come.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wagirl ,

This is so how I felt yesterday as I'm trying to measure things from my acrylic 1/4, and 2/3 cups! I do have a plastic full measuring thing but yes it's awkward for small measurements.

Who ends up with 2 random measuting cups?! I guess it happens to the best of us after years of moving and use and everything else!

Oi!

And I just didn't feel like getting online and ordering one more thing to come in a box that I have to dismantle and get rid of.

So for now, I'm measuring in 2 cups no matter what it says lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"