Honored Contributor

Had a moment when, a few days ago, I was pouring liquid from a 4 cup glass measure, that I bought years ago from the Pampered Chef and it spilled down the front of me and onto my table instead of in the glass I held under the spout----what a mess---and in my fit of annoynce, I ordered a set of new glass measuring cups guaranteed to pour without a splash or splatter as well as new measuring spoons--don't have the 1/4 tsp  in all my mismatched sets I have !!! Am clearing out all the old junky stuff, making more room for the things that save me time and aggrevation---and that stupid old glass 4 cup is history!!! 

NOW, I feel better!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Had a moment when, a few days ago, I was pouring liquid from a 4 cup glass measure, that I bought years ago from the Pampered Chef and it spilled down the front of me and onto my table instead of in the glass I held under the spout----what a mess---and in my fit of annoynce, I ordered a set of new glass measuring cups guaranteed to pour without a splash or splatter as well as new measuring spoons--don't have the 1/4 tsp  in all my mismatched sets I have !!! Am clearing out all the old junky stuff, making more room for the things that save me time and aggrevation---and that stupid old glass 4 cup is history!!! 

@wagirl 

Do you mind sharing what measuring cup you ordered to prevent a mess?  I have 2 measuring cups and they both "kick" back onto whatever I am doing and spill onto the countertop and anything in the path.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl   I use the OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring cups.  They measure both cups and ounces.  They come in different sizes.  They are made of plastic but they are wonderful.   You can find them on Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

We just use that 4 cup measuring bowl for making tea in the microwave and making ranch dressing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: when enough is enough

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@wagirl   I use the OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring cups.  They measure both cups and ounces.  They come in different sizes.  They are made of plastic but they are wonderful.   You can find them on Amazon. 

@Boehm Collector @wagirl 

Thank you, Ladies.  I will get one.  You buy, what you think, is a great one at the time and then it turns out to "kick" liquid back on you.  Likewise with tea pitchers, my grandmother had tea pitchers that never did that.  Most of mine do.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl We are doing the same thing.  Bought a new meat fork with serrations on the sides of the tines to really hold that pork butt! A new All Clad slotted spoon and oval roasting pan from their garage sale a week ago, and doing that with clothing too!

I am getting rid of things I love but have had for large parties that I won't do now.  Need to do the excess Christmas dishes, but darn I never get the oomph to do that after the end of summer and fall garage cleaning.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday --the ones I ordered were  by anchor hocking--3 pc set--1,2 and 4 cup set--$24.99, from AMZ. I did need the 1 and  2 cup ones too, but there are only 4 cup that you can buy.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector --I wanted glass to use in my tiny microwave on my table-----am in a wheelchair with a broken ankle  and my main micro is above my stove and I can't reach it--not supposed to put any weight on my foot---don't think I would put plastic in the micro wave, but do love OXO brand.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner --you know---you use all this stuff you have gotten over the years because  they still are in good shape and you use and   use them, then  cuss them out over and over cuzz-the dang things just don't do the job right!!!  am over that--just makes my crazy!!!Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@wagirl 

I knew men like those cups!!

Kept them FAR too long after they outlived thier usefulness!!!

I'm in the "shopping" mode rignt now...It's hard, cause they all look so promising when they're new....( the cups that is!!!).

Then you get used to them, put up with the spills and messes, till one day...

Well, you know!

Enjoy your new....cups!!!