Respected Contributor

Re: ~~~~ something old, something new ~~~~

Well the old one would be good old Comet for cleaning the tub and toilet bowel. New would be a pepper grinder. Received a set of two for Christmas, what a difference it makes using whole pepper rounds. I guess I am a little late to this discovery.

Honored Contributor

kitchenaid stand mixer that is from the late 50s, early 60s.....in avocado green. it is STILL going strong and has NEVER needed maintenance (i hope i have not jinxed myself).

the newest item that i really like is the scrub daddy......i have them in the kitchen, in every bathroom, behind the bar, and in the garage.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 sunshine45 said:

kitchenaid stand mixer that is from the late 50s, early 60s.....in avocado green. it is STILL going strong and has NEVER needed maintenance (i hope i have not jinxed myself).

the newest item that i really like is the scrub daddy......i have them in the kitchen, in every bathroom, behind the bar, and in the garage.

Could you use scrub daddy on cars and tires too?

Honored Contributor

Old - I'm not sure. My Cuisinart is only about 10-15 years old, so that's not really old. I guess for me what might be considered old these days is to use pots and pans to cook stuff - pretty much everything from rice to anything.

Now days it seems like people love to have electrical appliances and one-use wonders for each separate type of thing. We always did all those things in pots and pans - and quite well, I might add. Smiley Happy

New - One thing that is kind of new that I love so much is my 'Tidee Egg'. It's a cool little plastic thing with tiny shark teeth with which you remove that ooky white thing from eggs before putting them into a recipe. Nothing worse in a baked good than to find those things because you can see them even after baking. Eggs are gross enough, but that is uber-gross!

The only other new-ish thing I really enjoy is my countertop convection oven. Except for holiday stuff or anything that's larger than 13x9" I do all my baking in there instead of cranking up the big oven.

ETA - and also Magic Erasers. Those are truly magical.

Frequent Contributor

My old would be my Wustoff knives. I would be lost without a good set of knives. The new are the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I use them all through the house, on those blue and white coolers that get nasty dirty, and even to clean the boats.
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 tigriss said:
On 3/27/2015 sunshine45 said:

Could you use scrub daddy on cars and tires too?

i dont see why you couldnt use them on the tires.....not so sure about car exteriors though. it does look like you can use them on many areas of the car.

http://scrubdaddy.com/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thx