Regular Contributor

I have the Wolfgang Puck and the Cooks Essential small rice cookers.  My problem is that I misplaced the measuring cups that came with each of them.

Can anyone give me the actual measurements using a standard measuring cup for each of them??

Frequent Contributor

The cup that comes with the Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker holds 6 ounces.

I hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I cup white rice

1 3/4 to 2 cups water

If using brown rice, use 2 cups of water always for every cup of rice.

Regular Contributor

thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor

You are welcome!

Honored Contributor

Re: rice cooker help

[ Edited ]

Any amount of rice in the pot with an inch of water covering it will cook it just fine. Learned this from my Japanese mother who taught me how to cook rice when I was just a little girl.

Respected Contributor

2 cups water to 1 cup rice

Honored Contributor

i dont measure. i put the rice in and add water so that the water sits above the rice just to the first joint from the top  of my index finger. i do always rinse and soak my rice before preparing also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I rinse the rice but didn't know about soaking it. Should I soak it, if so, how long? 

Honored Contributor

Re: rice cooker help

[ Edited ]

My mom soaked her rice for most of the day before cooking it. She washed it early in the morning, soaked it all day and then by supper time she'd cook it. The longer you soak rice, the less time it takes to cook it. You can even soak it over night, like 24 hours before cooking it and it comes out just fine. @occasionalrain 

This video shows how my mom washed rice:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS796US796&ei=q3MCXZ3KDszYsQX28pPoDQ&q=how+to+wash+rice&...