Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - Wait, I just had a thought: Are you sure your strainers are from Lock & Lock? I only ask because I bought a set of plastic strainers in cylindrical containers with tab tops from the Q a few years ago, but they were actually from MCM even though they looked similar to L&L—and I ended up returning them because the tabs broke off both lids with just minimal use within the first 30 days. Even if your containers don't have a letter followed by a few numbers, they should all be branded with the Lock & Lock name if that's who made them.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it was helpful...  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Fionna

Remove what?

Respected Contributor

@EatWell OP removed her original post.
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sunshine45 - Wait, I just had a thought: Are you sure your strainers are from Lock & Lock? I only ask because I bought a set of plastic strainers in cylindrical containers with tab tops from the Q a few years ago, but they were actually from MCM even though they looked similar to L&L—and I ended up returning them because the tabs broke off both lids with just minimal use within the first 30 days. Even if your containers don't have a letter followed by a few numbers, they should all be branded with the Lock & Lock name if that's who made them.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it was helpful...  Smiley Wink

you know what @loriqvc?

you are probably right!

just went to look at the ones that i have and they do not say lock n lock anywhere on them. i think the red tops threw me and i have had them for quite a while. i bet the are from MCM! thank you! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - Happy to help . . . though that discovery means you probably aren't going to be getting new lids. D'oh!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@sunshine45 - Happy to help . . . though that discovery means you probably aren't going to be getting new lids. D'oh!  Smiley Wink

#truedat ......oh well, i can only hope that lock n lock does something similar because it is a good idea.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - I'm pretty sure L&L came up with the idea first because I can hazily recall Chris Pryme presenting strainer containers, and when they hadn't been offered in awhile, I believe MCM created a similar version. So perhaps in the future one of the brands will bring 'em back. Fingers crossed for you!