Honored Contributor

In case. you're not aware, David hosts an hour of what he calls "cawfee tawk", Thursday mornings on his FB page.  That's "coffee talk" for those of you who don't speak New Yawkese.

I know it's part of his PR duties, but it's really very sweet. It starts at 10 EST, whichi s 7 am here, so I listen to it while I'm getting ready and driving to work. I always get a smile or two out of it.  I think it's a real life-line for those who are stuck at home and socially isolated. 

I commend him for doing it and thought I'd mention it in case someone here can benefit from the comradery.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: "Cawfee Tawk" with David

I haven't followed DV's "cawfee tawk," but I do recall enjoying it to the hilt when it was done ages ago by (I think) Gilda Radner, back when SNL was actually funny!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat ...that is nice of you to post.  I really like David.  He is such fun, kind and thoughtful.  I enjoy his personality.  I have enjoyed listening occasionally to his FB Coffee Talks until Facebook or QVC ended that.  I am not part of Facebook but I used to be able to log on here via Hosts page and watch it.  Not anymore....disappointing but, as you mentioned, might really be important to some more isolated.  I commend him for doing it as well.  He does it again on Friday mornings via Instagram (?).  He really is a good guy.

Respected Contributor

I think he will be getting a lot of negative comments about the new ITKWD. I miss the old ITKWD. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

I haven't followed DV's "cawfee tawk," but I do recall enjoying it to the hilt when it was done ages ago by (I think) Gilda Radner, back when SNL was actually funny!

You are remembering Michael Meyers in drag impersonating his mother in law Linda,  doing a call-in show. ..who loved Barbra Striesand's nails which were "like buttah". " Discuss" "Call 555-4444". Loved it. 

Respected Contributor

David also has coffee talk on Instagram Friday mornings.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I think he will be getting a lot of negative comments about the new ITKWD. I miss the old ITKWD. 

@Reever 

Can you clue me in on to what is so new. I tuned in for part of the show last night, and I saw a new set (better than the last recent remodel, but still not terrific) and I noticed he isn't wearing an apron. But what is so excitingly different?

I missed the beginning of the show, so I'm kind of not getting what is so new.

Honored Contributor

I still miss Bowersox in the kitchen cooking with his thongs.

Which is an OLD typo from someone on the boards that produced gales of laughter and coffee-sprayed computer screens for days and days.  Yes, she was trying to type "tongs."  One of the funniest ever from these boards.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat ...I stand corrected!  Last night I decided just to check David's host page here. Much to my surprise,  I was able to see his Thursday coffee talk...on the road.    He was on the road (being driven) to do a special assignment for QVC.  I can't figure this system out! One day it works for me....next day, no.  

Respected Contributor

I dont understand the scecrecy ... "special assignment ?'    is he going overseas to report from a war zone ??    Why cant he reveal where he was going ?

Also a lot of negative feedback about the apron missing.