Honored Contributor

I threw beef tip in the slow cooker this morning, and the aroma is driving me crazy.  I didn't use a recipe, just beef , vegetables , broth , tomatoes, and spices, so I hopeit tastes as good as it smells. I'm trying to decide whether to serve it over brown rice or whole wheat noodles, we are not big potato fans. What do you think ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I love ALL kinds of rice, but my yankee DH doesn't, so at our house it would be the wide egg noodles.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Use whatever you have to most of.  Either would be good.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I threw beef tip in the slow cooker this morning, and the aroma is driving me crazy.  I didn't use a recipe, just beef , vegetables , broth , tomatoes, and spices, so I hopeit tastes as good as it smells. I'm trying to decide whether to serve it over brown rice or whole wheat noodles, we are not big potato fans. What do you think ?

@QVCkitty1 Please let us know how it turns out. I think I smell it at my house lol! I would go with the brown rice.

Honored Contributor

Wide egg noodles.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love it either way but the noodles would probably edge out the rice (just barely though).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 This sounds like the beginnings of a delicious dinner, what time shall I arrive?  I will bring wine or a dessert, you choose!

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@QVCkitty1 This sounds like the beginnings of a delicious dinner, what time shall I arrive?  I will bring wine or a dessert, you choose!

@Boomernichols , It was good, it needed salt, but otherwise was fine. Dessert would be lovely ! 🧁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan