Honored Contributor

Do you have a favorite?

Martha Stewart popped up on my looking around, got to wondering if anyone has any of her books and is/was it a help to you?

Respected Contributor

All of the INA GARTEN (Barefoot Contessa) cookbooks.  I have them all.  She is totally reliable.  I have made SO MANY of her recipes throughout the years and love watching her series on the Food Network.  

Valued Contributor

I like those "community" cookbooks that churches, organizations etc, put together and own  quite a few.  

Occasional Contributor

I miss seeing Gwen McGee on QVC.  I love the Best of the Best cookbooks.

Esteemed Contributor

I get most of my recipes on taste of home or from food and wine magazine.

There are many good ones.  I also have several cookbooks but the ones I use the most are Andrew Lessman's and David Venable's first one.

Valued Contributor

I have quite a number of cookbooks.

I enjoy the Pioneer Woman and Ina Garten ones and they have worked well with the recipes that I have made out of them.

I have loved the recipes from Susan Branch--Heart of the Home cookbooks.

I found a new one when the pandemic began and everything I have made out of it has been wonderful--Midwest Made. I will say it is mainly a baking cookbook. It has recipes that run from cookies to bread to pretzels. 

I have other cookbooks but these are the ones I have gone to for ideas and recipes --lately.

Honored Contributor

I have always collected cookbooks, and lean towards the southern comfort food ones.  But when I just need a basic straight no-tweaked recipe I turn to the Better Homes and Gardens plaid cookbooks, I have three editions.  The older ones are better, the newer one tries to be "healthy,"  sometimes just by cutting the serving size down.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass  same here with the Better Homes & Garden. I have one that is showing it's age . I love the easy tabs to find what you are looking for .

I can glean through / donate  / or toss most items in kitchen & wardrobes . I find it almost impossible to do with cookbooks . I do not quite understand why . I guess I fool my self into dreaming that I will actually buy the ingredients and prepare . eh- I do on a rare occasion.

I kind of whittle down whether to purchase a new one by using the public library to look through on my Kindle . 

Honored Contributor

Funny thing, I have a small collection of cookbooks, most of them are vintage. I love browsing through them, but rarely use them for recipes.  When I need a recipe, I generally head right to the Internet. Still, I would never get rid of my books.  They're one of my most sacred possessions.  

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I have a Good Housekeeping cookbook that I've used for about 25 years. I currenty own about thirty cookbooks. I've donated the rest.

I've also found great recipes thru Southern Living and Cook's Illustrated magazines.