Valued Contributor

Is it just me that has noticed the prices on locknlock have risen considerably.

Honored Contributor

@allaries,

I try to buy most of my locknlock on a free shipping day, at least I feel like I saved a little!

2022 Happy New Year

Trusted Contributor

The surprise would be if it hadn't gone up.  

Esteemed Contributor

The containers are larger than in the past.......cake carriers - picnic baskets w/storage containers w/lids.......jumbo storage flat & north south styles...........

no don't agree.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOOOOVE LocknLock, and have noticed some anticipatory; likely supply chain related; price increases.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

A little off topic but it's about Lock n Lock.

I really like this brand and have had lots over the years.

I usually use for short time storage such as left overs.

Recerntly, I switched out my saltine cracker storage into a L-N-L.

Within a month or so the crackers had taken on a plastic smell. Oh, no......are these things full of awful chemicals. I fear its a yes.

New Contributor

Sets often contain larger pieces which take up storage space and are used infrequently.  Wish there were an option to purchase individual pieces.  My most-used sizes are wearing out.

Honored Contributor

@AT in Indy wrote:

Sets often contain larger pieces which take up storage space and are used infrequently.  Wish there were an option to purchase individual pieces.  My most-used sizes are wearing out.

Over the last nearly 20 years, I've found numerous times that one or two pieces in a set become favorites that have many uses for me.

So, I will get the # off the bottom (it's an HPL or HSM # usually) and find that I can, more often than not anyway, find just that one piece online.  Sometimes I get sets of the same piece and sometimes just one of them.

I've gotten many of my individual pieces on Amazon and also a few on eBay, over the years.   There's also the L&L site but I haven't been there much lately.

HTH  Smiley Happy

Contributor

It depends on the item, or set. Sometimes I do think an item is priced too high, but I have several sets I really love that were worth the price. My favorite-the 4 piece refrigerator organizer set with the trays. (The shallower one holds bacon beautifully) I was using my Tupperware celery keeper that was my Mom's, so probably 50 years+. The four pieces on this set are a couple inches shorter, but I've had them nearly a year and love them. My Tupperware piece goes front to back on the shelf, but perhaps the Locknlock ones were designed for those newer refrigerators that are not very deep. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer-how does the color Pine compare with the former Wintergreen? Is the color close, just w/o the sparkles? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Yes. prices have gone up.  I ordered three x- large containers  last year before Christmas.  i see they re now back in stock and are priced much higher.

I am not surprised.