New Contributor

lock and lock with drainage piece inside

I would like to see lock and lock bowls, squares, with or without handles that have a removable insert for drainage of juicy produce such as watermelon.

Respected Contributor

They've had several different sizes with these inserts.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

They've had several different sizes with these inserts.   

Yes, they do have a number of pieces that have these inserts. If you search Amazon and some other sites, there is more choice of pieces that contain these drain pieces. And they do work well. I keep my cleaned lettuce in one with that at the bottom, and it keeps it crisp and fresh.

Respected Contributor

Check out K42778.  There are two rectangular containers (6.75 cup and 8.5 cup) with drainage trays.

The largest container (21+ cups) is meant to be used as a bread box, but perhaps could be used with one of the smaller drainage trays.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: lock and lock with drainage piece inside

ITA. I have looked for one & finally found one on HSN the other day. I think it would be great for watermelon & other fruits that you need to drain the liquid to keep it from getting mushy. I would like to use it for Ambrosia salad that gets a lot of liquid in it. I always have to tip the bowl to drain it. Kelsey Nixon Essentials Smart Storage 4-piece Mixing Bowl and Colander Set.

bowl.png

bowl1.png

Respected Contributor

along this same thought, i would like a l&l popcorn bowl with grid in bottom, for the unpopped kernels. i have an old plastic one that has seen it's better day.

Super Contributor

I have more than a few Tupperware containers that have pieces that alow for drainage.  I use them all for various mellons duiring the summer months.  I wish Lock and Lock would bring out a lettuce keeper.  Again, I have one from Tupperware; it keeps a head of lettuce nice and crisp for a couple of weeks.  Since it's just the 2 of us, I remove the lettuece head and mix our vegetable salad inside the bowl.  After serving it up I replace the remaining lettuce back in the keeper and put it in the refrigerator.  No DIRTY DISH for salad mixing. . .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is what I put the peeled eggs in for my husband's snacks. We don't eat the celery or carrots here I thought we'd use this for. But it's great for the hard boiled eggs. I have the long ones (2) that look like celery should be put in here.