We need to have you make an elongated copper chef pan.  When I was frying a ham steak in mine, there was not enough room for it to lay flat and had to curl up the sides.  Oh, it did fry up alright but an elongated pan would be nice....Love these pans and will continue to purchase any new pieces that you come up with and will be relaceing my pans with all of yours.  They are the best.....

Honored Contributor

Cut that fat edge off all around the ham steak it'll lay flat then

Respected Contributor

The way I read the OP is that there was not enough ROOM for her steak to lie flat, not that it was curling up for another reason

Occasional Contributor

Pans are terrible junk, why they only have a 60 day warranty.

Respected Contributor

I don't think he refers to this website for suggestions.  You might try to contact him directly through QVC.  Maybe he has his own website since I've seen him doing Infomercials for a lot of products.

New Contributor

I went on his fb page, he thinks it will be in April with the air fryer oven is presented.  

Occasional Visitor

Just want to say thank you for your products.  I just made my 3rd batch of Caramels in Copper Chef and they turned out beautifully.  Used it for the first time last year and had no failures.  (First time ever).  Your pan maintains the heat and I’m not having to constantly adjust it.  Clean up is a breeze.  

Do not get me started on eggs.  Your pans do everything you promise.  Release is fantastic.  

Again, many thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@marsventure wrote:

We need to have you make an elongated copper chef pan.  When I was frying a ham steak in mine, there was not enough room for it to lay flat and had to curl up the sides.  Oh, it did fry up alright but an elongated pan would be nice....Love these pans and will continue to purchase any new pieces that you come up with and will be relaceing my pans with all of yours.  They are the best.....

@marsventure

So, what dimensions do you recommend for the elongated pan?

Flat bottom or grill pan?

But, would not it be easier to just use a larger oval or rectangular skillet to fit your ham steaks instead of having using a specialty pan?  Or why not cut the ham steak to fit your existing skillet?  Just wondering.

Also, I use a bacon press , or pot lid, or heavy skillet bottom that will press down and keep protein from curling.   Have you tried that?

I have seen oval skillets in specialty cookware stores.  I think Rachel Ray makes an oval skillet/pan.   Or use Google.

Good luck with your request to Eric.

Hung